12 years ago
I have to share some funny things my kids have said recently.
Connor as we were walking into his preschool with "Jello" for the letter "J" show and tell whispers to me: " I guess they will call me the snack boy. I guess, because I brought jello" Shrugging his shoulders.
When he doesn't want to do something but somebody convinces him to do it he just shrugs his shoulders and says "Okay, Whatever"
Connor broke all the bread and said he was going to do the Sacrament. We had a nice talk about the importance of the Sacrament and how it needs to only be done on Sundays. We talked about how Jesus was a Prophet and he taught us when we do the Sacrament and who does the Sacrament. He thought about it and said "If I was a Prophet like Jesus. I could tell people what they should do and tell them not to do things when they are bad"
Later on that same morning at around 1130 am, Connor said "Wow, Dad is taking a LONG nap!" ha ha I told him he was at work. I loved that he thought he was napping until almost noon though.
We were watching the Land Before Time DVD and I told Connor "Did you
know Dinosaurs really did live on the earth before us?" He just shrugged
his shoulders and said "Yep, God told me. I knew because God told me".
Connor was upset because a certain song wasn't on the CD we were listening in the car. So to try to make him smile I took the turn out of the neighborhood a little fast and said "WEEeeeee!" In his most serious face said, "If you go fast, the fireman are going to come!".
Then on the way to the dentist Connor was said to me "Do you think Jesus can hear us?" I told him "yes, I think he can". He said "Maybe if we tell him to tell someone else something he will".
One of Connor's favorite things to do is color a picture, put it in an envelope and send it to someone in the mail. Last night he said "I want to send this to somebody in our old "World". " I said, "do you mean, our old "ward"?" ha ha he said "No, our old "world!".
I told him that I couldn't believe after his next birthday he would start going to this school (pointing at West Bountiful elementary). He quickly corrected me and said "It is not called a school mom. It's kindergarten" ha ha DUH. What was I thinking?! LOL
I don't have much for Kaylee.....at least at this age. But for FHE we had Grandma and Grandpa Scott over and they were talking about the scriptures. Kaylee said she was going to go get her "Doctrine and Seuss". ha ha She then got the scriptures and read "Doctrine and Covenants" off of the book not even realizing she said it incorrectly.
Ashlynn isn't saying much, but she sure is being cute lately. She got a baby for Christmas, and just recently she started picking up the baby and patting it's back and giving her "loves" and kisses. She can also throw a tantrum when she doesn't get what she wants. The other day when one of the kids took something out of her hand, she laid down, cried, and then started rolling on the floor while she was crying.
At night when the kids brush their teeth they sing "ABC's" as they brush so I know they brushed long enough. But since their toothbrush is in their mouth it sounds like a muffled nonsense song that has the tune of ABC's. Since Ashlynn has started getting teeth (two on bottom and two coming on top) we started brushing her teeth at night. She now hums the same nonsense song when she gets the toothbrush in her mouth. It always cracks me up.
These kids are so much fun. It can sometimes be quite the adventure trying to having patience as they fight, cry, or whine. But they can also be a lot of fun and make me laugh harder than anyone. Love being their mama.
Post a Comment