6/9/17 9:09 PM

(0) Comments

New bed and Baseball Season

Beej & Chris

After A LOT of convincing and begging I finally convinced BJ it was time to get a new bed. The mattress we were using was given to us when we were first married (10 years ago) from my brother and his wife. They had also received it early on in their marriage from someone else. Needless to say I have no idea how old it is, but it was time for a new one. Downeast had a good sale going on but the one we wanted was gone. I went back a week later and they had a mattress similar but it was the newer version of it. It was on sale as well, so I tried it out and felt like it was the mattress for us. I also wanted the Downeast bed frame but it was pretty pricey, so we settled with an Ikea bed frame we found off of KSL for pretty cheap. 

So here is our before picture of our bed...


And here is the after! Once we laid it out we weren't supposed to sleep on it for a good 24 hours later. The bed has springs but also made of memory foam. THIS BED IS SOO COMFORTABLE! My back was killing me every morning I woke up with our old bed, but this one I haven't had my back hurt since we got it. It is a king mattress and is taking a little getting used to size wise. Don't get me wrong I love the fact that I don't have to worry about BJ elbowing me in the eye while I am sleeping, but he does seem really far away now. We both sleep on the edges of the bed and while I am pregnant it is not easy to scoot over to him and then get out of bed to pee in the night. But overall I LOVE it and I think even though BJ still thinks we didn't need a new mattress....he loves it too.
The kids had fun trying out baseball this season. Connor loved having his good friend Jed on his team. They were hilarious to watch. They would play in the dirt out in the outfield and they were ALWAYS sitting down. The coaches were so patient and good with all the kids.
Connor learned a lot and actually has a really really good swing. He didn't hit a ton of balls, but his stance is really good. I think he will do well in baseball if he wants to pursue it again next year.




 Kaylee had a pretty good time with her team as well. She unfortunately didn't know anybody on her team and their were a lot of boys who were all good friends. This was also her first experience with baseball so she hated that she wasn't as good a hitter as some of the other kids on her team. I was soo proud of her going out and playing each day. I know it wasn't easy, but she made the best of it. One day she stayed after practice and practiced batting with her coach. She attempted to hit several balls and only ended up hitting one, but she never gave up. During one of her games she got hit pretty hard in the face and it made her cry. But she wiped the tears off and jumped right back in to play. This was such a good learning experience for her.



0 Responses to "New bed and Baseball Season "

Post a Comment