12 years ago
Exactly 4 weeks after my D&C on July 5th I got a very very faint positive pregnancy test. I had taken one 2 weeks after the D&C and it was negative, it was also negative on July 4th. The test was then a lot more visible and less faint on July 7th. Since I have been pregnant 10 times now, I am pretty aware of my body and my guess was I ovulated June 24th-25th because I was feeling cramps, right kidney pain, and pain in boobs. I then felt slight cramps, tired, and at the end of the night cramps on the right lower front side on July 1st, but then more what I felt like where "implantation cramps" on July 2nd.
My doctor's nurse called me randomly yesterday on July 10th when if my calculations were correct, I would have been 4 weeks 3 days pregnant, to see how I was doing after the miscarriage. She called while we were driving home from a vaca in Brian Head, so I covered my head with a pillow and told her I had actually been meaning to call them. Needless to say, she ordered a HCG blood draw and I ran and got it done before I cleaned/vacuumed the car. At this point nobody knew about the pregnancy including BJ. I wanted to help protect him emotionally as best as I could, and I'm glad I did because my level came back at 29. I was expecting at least in the hundreds, but thousands to be confident things were going well. Just the fact that a test usually shows at a HCG level of 20, and usually doubles every 48 hours gave me that confirmation that I was going to miscarry again. I am hopeful it will be a quick and early miscarriage. These are a lot easier to deal with emotionally because I am not as attached to the idea of having a new baby, and the hormones aren't as high yet.
Now, to figure out what to do next.....
Post a Comment