7/29/20 8:06 PM

(0) Comments

Life as a mom

BJ

I just recently came across a blog post I had made in 2012 when Kaylee and Connor were both young. I shared my experience taking them to a movie theater by myself. It was fun reading, so I thought I would share my experience from yesterday evening. 
We are currently in a pandemic with Covid-19. You have to wear a mask most places otherwise they won't let you in. We carry hand sanitizer everywhere and put it on as soon as we get into the car. The kids don't go very many places and haven't been playing with friends hardly at all as to hope to prevent the big spread of this icky virus. We just heard yesterday that their elementary school and all of Davis County is going to be having the kids wear masks to school. They have a lot of things in place to prevent the kids from being exposed from many other kids than the kids in their classroom. Then yesterday they announced that the kids will only go to school twice a week based off of their last name. The three other days will be "remote learning". We hope to find out more information about school as it comes closer, but our plan is to have our kids go to school even if its only twice a week. I know a lot of neighbors and friends that are doing homeschool or online, and I definitely think their isn't a right answer. Everyone is doing what they feel is best for their families and obviously that is different for each family and their situation.  
Needless to say, I haven't spent time with my friends either. But my friend Nina is in town from Texas right now for her sister's wedding and she had a night free that she came over to visit with me and my friend Ashley. Rachel was supposed to come as well, but ended up having a sick husband and child so she couldn't make it. BJ offered to take the kids (minus baby Mckenna) with him to go fishing at Farmington Pond. Kinslee however was way too tired to go. She threw away her binky a few weeks ago (into the diaper genie with a poopy diaper mind you. Ha ha So we weren't getting it back). So naps had already been a little tricky AND THEN we went to St. George where naps were nonexistent. Needless to say she still needs naps so by the end of the night she is exhausted and DONE. I knew it would be a nightmare if I sent Kinslee with them to go fishing, so I decided to keep her and put her to bed at 630pm. 
This is how the night went.......
BJ took the kids minus the two littles at 6pm to go fishing. He was amazing (as always) and had cleaned up dinner so all I had to do was put the kids to bed. Both Ashley and Nina said they were running late and that they wouldn't be there until around 6:30pm, so I told them they could come right in because I would probably be with one of the kiddos and wouldn't be able to answer. Kinslee had peed a little in her pants and sat on me while she reluctantly ate her dinner. So both her and I smelled like pee. McKenna was asleep in the swing in her room, so I quickly put Kinslee in my bath (so I could put McKenna in the bassinett in my room if she woke up while I was getting Kinslee out of them bath). While I was getting Kinslee dressed I heard Ashley walk in. The moment Kinslee heard her she was running around squeeling with a tired laughter. I had to chase her around and hold her while I tried to calm her down. When that didn't work I told Ashley I would be right back and that I was going to go put her to bed. The moment I walked into Kinslees room I heard McKenna crying. I quickly grabbed McKenna and nursed her while I was telling the 3 little pigs story to Kinslee. Then while holding McKenna I was turning the sound machine on with my foot (because it has a short and takes a few pushes for it to work). I then walked out and locked the door and heard Kinslee scream (because she was past tired). As I walked in I was telling Ashley that I was wearing pajama pants because my other pants had pee on them, and that I didn't want to change my top into pajamas in case I got spit up on from McKenna. Right after I said that McKenna spit up all down my pants. HA Yep, this is glorious motherhood right there. I just laughed and shook my head. 
Life is a little (A LOT) busy right now. But what a blessing we have to be able to raise kids. While it is hard, I know not everyone get's this opportunity and I am so grateful for it.  
0 Responses to "Life as a mom"

Post a Comment