12 years ago
Kaylee is now 7 1/2 months and I meant to post pictures and updates of her when she was 7 months but was waiting to get some more updated pictures.
Kaylee is crawling everywhere and getting into everything. Last night we caught her eating something. BJ pulled a piece of bark..yes BARK out of her mouth. Where did she find bark? Who knows. It was soo tiny one of us must have tracked it inside with our shoes. I vacuum and clean but she will find the tiniest piece of paper or crumb and stick it in her mouth.
Which brings me right into her appetite. Kaylee wants to eat whatever mom and dad are having.. even if she just ate herself. She has tried top ramen noodles, peaches, rice, tomatoes (she loves tomatoes), a few tastes of a lemon and lime, applesauce, spaghettio's, pancakes, and egg yokes. We still give her baby food but are slowly transitioning her to the food we have, just in small pieces or mashed up. Kaylee still hasn't tried chocolate or big amounts of dairy- and with my allergies she probably wont until she is a year. I am so excited to give her a chocolate cake for her 1st birthday! I am still breastfeeding her but only in the morning and night. She was biting for awhile so I pumped without breastfeeding her for two weeks. She is better now and I am enjoying that time with her instead of being scared she is going to bite me.
Kaylee's favorite toys are the small shampoo bottle, a little small purple stress ball I got in nursing school, and anything that makes noise.
Kaylee is enjoying books more and more. She will just sit there while we read book after book to her. BJ and I both have "Goodnight moon" memorized. We just got a "peek-a-boo" book that she loves.
The stairs have been a big enjoyment for Kaylee. She will crawl right over to the stairs and then turn around and wait to see us come to get her and then make a run or "crawl" for it- as fast as she can. Ya- she knows what she is doing...little stinker. And her favorite thing to do is stand on the tv stand and push on the tv. I will tell her "no..no Kaylee" and she looks at me and waves her hand at me and smiles and then does it again. She is starting to understand more and more the word "no" but most of the time she thinks it is game.
Nap time has been wonderful. She takes a good 2- 2 1/2 hour nap at least once a day. Most of the time she will just go right down for a nap without a peep. Every once in awhile she will cry for a little bit but she is used to the routine. I lay her on her tummy and turn on her music and she goes right to sleep. After she wakes up from the long nap she will just laugh and play in her crib. It is so cute to listen to.
I think that pretty much covers the update. BJ and I are really enjoying being parents and especially to such a smart cute little girl. We love her so much. At night when we are driving home and Kaylee falls asleep we fight over who gets to carry Kaylee to bed. When you pick her up she just snuggles right into your shoulder. It is just so precious. We love you Kaylee!
Post a Comment