3/11/12 2:20 PM

(0) Comments

Where it time going?

Beej & Chris

My Kaylee girl is 2 years old!! Where did the past two years go? She is getting so big I can't stand it. Here are her stats from our wellness check:

Ht: 35 1/4 inches...........90%
Wt: 28 lbs 0.7 ounces ........70%
Head: 19 inches ..............60%

The pediatrician was very impressed with the fact that she would hold so still while she assessed her. She said she was so cute and smart. After the visit and discussing with the pediatrician Kaylee's different reactions to food we decided it would be a good idea to get a blood test done to rule out severe food allergies. BJ's mom came with me and we too her to get the lab done.

We took her to a lab near by. Being the protective mom/nurse I asked the front desk if they were experienced with pediatrics in which she replied no. I almost walked right out of the office, but instead told the front desk that I wanted the BEST and most experienced to draw the lab from my daughter. The front desk lady said she would do it and with Sherryl's (grandma Tenney) support I allowed them to draw the lab from Kaylee. Kaylee was AMAZING. I told her everything they would be doing before they did it and told her that it might hurt but it is important. She sat on my lap and just stared right at the needle without a movement or a tear. They did a great job but the blood just stopped drawing out, so they started to fiddle with the needle causing more pain and that is when the tears started. I felt SO BAD. It is just so hard to watch your child in pain, ESPECIALLY when she was being soo strong! Thank goodness they got enough blood because I don't think I know I wouldn't have let them hold her down to poke her again and I don't think she wouldn't have allowed them to do it again after her first experience. I am just still soo proud of her and how brave she was.

The test came back high for peanuts and eggs so the pediatrician gave me a list of allergist to get further testing done. We are actually going to do the testing tomorrow morning....so more to come about that.

Here are a few pictures of my sweet Kaylee girl:










I don't even know where to begin on what Kaylee is doing these days. She amazes me every single day. She is so animated and communicates very well. One of my favorite phrases she says is, "Are you?" (where are you). She says it all the time "Are you daddy?" "Are you temple" "Are you pink bear". It is so cute. Kaylee is still doing really good with potty training although still wears a pull up during naps and at bedtime. But more recently she wants her underwear over top of her pull up. She goes down for bedtime with the same routine (3 books, brush teeth while daddy sings the ABC's, and then prayers) and naps with one book.

A few things Kaylee loves:
- the temple, especially the song 'I love to see the temple'. We sing it as well as 'I am a child of God' everynight before bed
- her pink bear and monkey as well as all of her stuffed animals
- popcicles
- playing outside
- Lego's
- playing house or any pretend game



A few funny thing she has said or done:
- I was helping her say prayers and all of the sudden she stopped talking, I opened me eyes and find she had stuffed a whole meatball in her mouth. She then preeceded to repeat the prayer with her mouth full. ha ha I catch her eating during prayers almost everyday!
- We went on a sunday drive and all she looked at BJ and I and said, "Hey guys. Temple" and then looked out the window saying, "Are you temple? Are you temple?"
- We were outside playing with chalk and she was so fascinated with all of the sounds she heard (train, birds, ice cream man). When I pointed out the bird she put her hands out and said, "Hold it?" When she heard the ice cream man she ran to the front yard and started waving. We went back in the backyard and shortly after she ran back in the front yard and waved yelling "bye bye" even though he was already gone. She then said, "kisses?" ha ha I told her we don't give kisses to strangers. I then pointed out the sun and told her it was time to go inside because the sun was going down so it was getting cold and it would be dark soon. She looked at the sun and put out her hands and said, "Hold it?" No sweetie we can't hold the sun. Then when we went inside of the house she said, "Sun down down down" putting her hands out and going downwards. It was soo cute!

I love my Kaylee so much. She is so helpful and cute with Connor. Whenever she hears him crying she says, "Connor awake! Connor crying", and then goes upstairs to be with him. Kaylee can get Connor to laugh more than anybody.

I will do another post about her birthday that will come soon...
0 Responses to "Where it time going?"

Post a Comment