12 years ago
The phrase "terrible two's" has been a big understatement at our house this past week in a half. Kaylee has refused to take a nap and still wakes up every single day at 640am..occasionally even earlier. I wanted to write a few stories down- so hopefully I can laugh about it later ha ha jk
Yesterday I was getting the kids ready to run some errands, handed Connor a graham cracker and told Kaylee "don't take Connor's cracker. Your lunch is on the table. Did you hear me. Don't take Connor's cracker" in which she replied, "ok mommy". I ran upstairs to get my shoes and when I returned I found Connor looking at his hand looking for his cracker, and Kaylee with her mouth full. I said, "Kaylee. I told you not to eat Connor's cracker. That was his!" She quickly removed a crunched up saliva filled cracker out of her mouth and said, "here you go Connor" as she is attempting to put it in his mouth. I don't know how I didn't burst out laughing right in front of her. But I somehow composed myself and quickly turned my head where she couldn't see me smile and then turned back to her and told her firmly next time she needs to listen to mom.
A few days earlier the kids were in the kitchen eating some lunch while I was talking to BJ on the phone for a few minutes in the front room. I looked over to check on them and found Kaylee standing on a chair up next to Connor who was in the high chair. Kaylee had got Connor's antibiotic for his ear infection out of the fridge and somehow opened the child proof seal and dumped it on Connor's tray where he was playing with it with his fingers. I walked over there and my mouth dropped, I said "WHAT happened?? Who did this?" Kaylee quickly pointed to Connor and said, "Connor did it!" WHEN did my daughter not only learn to lie and blame something she did on someone else, but think that quickly on her feet.
Oh the joys of motherhood :D
Post a Comment