4/22/12 10:30 AM

(0) Comments

Beej & Chris

Today was a bad mommy day. Not bad...horrible. I lost my temper on more than one occasion. I yelled- I was mean to my daughter.
Tonight after I got home from a relief society I went in to kiss my daughter goodnight and just burst into tears. She was sleeping so soundly in her bed- so innocent and pure. I love her soo much. Why do I lose my patience with a child who is so close to the savior- with someone who is learning and growing and striving her best to be like Jesus?! I couldn't whisper sorry to her enough. She was sooo out of it she looked at me a few times but I am pretty sure she wont even remember me coming in to see her. She probably went to sleep thinking "mommy is upset at me" because I was.
Life is too short. Kiss your kids. Let them get out of bed to cuddle and if they say no to a nap 15 times- tell them it is ok. When they ask for a drink of water right before bed and you know they are probably just trying to find an excuse to get out of bed- let them have a sip, maybe they are thirsty!
I just came back from an amazing relief society meeting with the speaker (Heidi Swinton) who wrote our beloved prophet Thomas S. Monson's autobiography. The spirit was so strong and I learned so much. President Monson studies the Saviors life and by doing so has become like the Savior. I know that is what I need to do.
0 Responses to " "

Post a Comment