12 years ago
Since Kaylee is in Dance and Preschool, we wanted to find something fun for Connor. So, we signed him up for swimming lessons at the Bountiful Rec Center. Since he is so young, it was a mommy and me swimming class. We scheduled it to be at the same time as Kaylee's preschool, and it worked out really good.
The first class was horrible! Connor didn't like being told what to do and when to do it. He wanted to play on the slide, and would cry and cry those first two classes.
I then talked to him a lot beforehand and told him that if he would listen to his teacher, then we would stay after class for a little bit to let him play and swim wherever he wanted.
After our talk, the third class was soo much better! I didn't push him to do things, but he couldn't play on the slide- so he eventually chose to do what everyone in the class were doing.
By the end he was laying on his tummy and back, jumping in the pool (though he was doing that before the class), leaning down putting his ear into the pool to grab things in the shallow end, and just in general being more comfortable in the water.
I need to sign him up for another class. He still asks to go swimming whenever we pass the Rec Center.
By the end of the classes, we bought him a 'puddlejumper' to use while swimming in the deep end. I loved how well he did with it, it made me so excited for summer and our Cherry Hill passes!
Here is a picture of his 'puddle jumper'
I had just recently gone through our second miscarriage and wasn't able to get in the water yet, so daddy so willingly jumped in and took Connor for his last swimming lesson!
I was a little late getting over to see the swimming lesson, but I was so glad I went over there. It was so cute seeing these two boys play in the water. BJ is such a great dad. We sure got blessed to have him in our family.
I didn't take a picture, but Connor got an official certificate awarding him to the next swimming lesson level (as well as a treat). We are so proud of you Connor boy
Post a Comment