12 years ago
Today was a GREAT day so I wanted to document it. We put an offer on a lot in West Bountiful a few days ago, and if it goes through we will be putting our house up for sale really soon. Today we spent most the morning fixing up the house and going to the store to buy things needed for the house and the nursery.
Kaylee and I went to Kohls while Connor and BJ went to Walmart, we then met up at Target. Both kids did so good with our errands and were such great helpers that they both got a warm fuzzy for their jar. They each get to choose what prize they want to earn once their jars are filled (Kaylee wants a package of her own bubble gum, and Connor wants to get the toy Olaf that sings).
We spent a good amount of the budget but fixed up a lot of things needed throughout the house. The kids each loved helping us clean. After lunch they each picked a room (Kaylee-playroom and Connor- bedroom) where they can play with toys or color while they have their own quiet time. We set a timer on the Ipad and let them each listen to music until the timer goes off in 30 minutes. I started doing this a few days ago and it has been really great. I get some quiet time and the kids each unwind a bit which is good since they have been given up naps.
Kaylee then worked on her Upstart while Connor fell asleep while I was clipping his nails lol What kid do you know falls asleep while his nails are being clipped ha ha. We let him take a little nap and then got the kids playing hide and go seek. Kaylee LOVES playing hide and go seek and is pretty good at it. Mom and Dad get pretty bored playing because our house is only 1300 square feet and there is only so many hiding places in the house and we have seen them all with the many times we have played Kaylee these past few months. Not to mention, being 6 1/2 months pregnant there aren't very many places for me to hide. I usually hide in the same places (shower, behind a door, or under a blanket). So this time I tried to hide under Connor's bed. My baby bump barely cleared the bed and I was squished under his bed waiting for Kaylee to find me. Thank goodness she is pretty good at this game and found me pretty quickly, because it was getting hard to breath laying flat squished under the bed. ha ha
We then took advantage of the wind outside and ran over to the park across the street to fly our kites! The kids each loved it....until it got cold and Connor asked daddy to cuddle him and keep him warm. The kids each got in the bath and then jumped in bed because they were freezing. BJ and I then took turns in telling them a made up story about a witch, dragon, dragon horse, and two sweet kids Kaylee and Connor. Both kids were giggling up a storm. It was the perfect end to a great family Saturday.
After the kids went to bed, I headed out to get a Raspberry Dream from Swig and a nacho supreme from Taco Bell and am now ready to watch the Utah vs Arizona football with BJ. What a great DAY!
Post a Comment