12 years ago
Since I have been been trying to catch up on the blog/my journal. I just finished writing about our last miscarriage. I figured I better update you on our current pregnancy.
I will be 14 weeks pregnant on Saturday. But let me start at the beginning and give you some updates on how it has been going so far. We talked to Dr. Hatasaka and got a prescription for Femara. He gave us two refills on the prescription but told us if after the first attempt he wanted us to go back in for further testing. The further testing included repeating tests we had already done and then having me go to the Pleasant View's office to get a type of ultrasound that was more invasive and could only be performed in that office. We were really hesitant since these tests were to see why I was not getting pregnant. But the problem hasn't been getting pregnant....it has been keeping the pregnancy to term.
We used the first Femara which did not end in a pregnancy (this was before our last miscarriage). We then tried again with the first refill which ended with our last miscarriage. Even though we were supposed to do all these tests, we felt like we should give it one more try. The first cycle after our miscarriage in December we used ovulation tests but didn't take the fertility medication which did not result in a pregnancy. Then in February we decided to use our last refill Femara prescription to give it our all. My last period was Feb 11, 2017 so when I got rear-ended on Monday March 6th on my drive back to my house after helping my mom who was really dehydrated and not feeling well...I insisted they do a blood test to make sure I wasn't pregnant before I took any pain pills or muscle relaxers. They told me they would do a urine test, but since I had been following my cycle so closely I knew they would get a negative result since it was too early. The doctor I saw was my neighbor growing up- Dr. Christensen. I told him that I was using fertility medication and that the urine test wouldn't detect the hormone yet, so he ordered the blood test. I got the results the following day that I was indeed pregnant!
Instead of going through the fertility doctor we decided to go with Dr. Hansen and have them follow me closely. They ordered repeat HCG labs for every few days. We watched the HCG continue to double each time. Once my HCG got high enough they ordered an ultrasound. My HCG were as follows: (3/15/17= 2058, 3/17/17= 4582 and my last HCG test was 3/20/17= 11175). Once we got past 10,000 they decided to schedule an ultrasound.
Our first ultrasound was March 21st. The found a yoke sac and a possible fetal pole but they said it was just a little too early to tell for sure. So they asked us to come back for another ultrasound a week later. We were anxious to find out if everything was going ok since we were leaving for our trip to Italy shortly.
The next ultasound was March 28th where we saw the fetal pole with a HB of 119.
We then left for our trip to Italy the following day with the good news that things were looking good so far. On the trip to Italy I was pretty sick which was a good sign things were progressing.
When we got back home we went in for our appointment where they used a small hand held ultrasound to see that the baby was doing well and could see the heart beat and beating strong. The week after Easter we decided to share with the kids the news. I was pretty sick and really tired so we figured we better let them know what was going on. The kids then told some of their classmates and we told my family, but we didn't announce it on social media until just before I was 13 weeks and after we got another confirmation that things were going well by hearing the heartbeat with a doppler at my 12+ appointment. I cried and cried happy tears when I heard that heartbeat. I will never forget that moment.
Now we are caught up and to this week. This last Tuesday (4 days after I announced on social media that we were expecting and how excited we were) I was getting Ashlynn out of the car and I felt a huge gush of blood. I quickly took the kids inside the house and checked and totally panicked. My heart started beating so fast and I couldn't think straight. I kept trying to focus so I could put Ashlynn down for her nap. I then texted BJ and told him that I was bleeding and that it was a lot. I then called my mom and texted her "I need you". She asked me if I was ok, and I said. "No, I need you". She quickly sent her mom/my grandma Parker to come over and that she was on her way. Everyone got there around the same time. I was a total mess. BJ and I just hugged and cried together. We both thought this was the end. We left Ashlynn and Connor in the care of my mom and drove up to LDS hospital for an ultrasound. The whole drive was filled with so much emotion. So many tears and sadness.
As we were walking down the hallway for the ultrasound and we went into the room BJ had a sigh of relief. He later told me that he was hoping we weren't going into the other ultrasound room because that was the room they told us we were miscarrying in one of our previous miscarriages. I had not remembered that, but I was glad we didn't go in that same room for his peace of mind.
The ultrasound went PERFECT! There was no bleeding. The baby was moving around and had a hearbeat in the 150's. After calling the on call doctor that night after not hearing from the nurse or doctor, we got the official results and everything on the ultrasound showed things were perfect. Their only guess is that I had part of the placenta pull up causing the blood vessels to be exposed which caused the bleed. They said since the ultrasound looked good and that I wasn't bleeding more that they were hopeful it was an isolated event. They also said that they don't know why the placenta pulls away and they cant stop it if it continues. So they called it a "threatened miscarriage" and told me to take it easy for a bit.
SOooo I told work I needed to take some time off, and we have just been taking it easy. Am I still nervous?! You betcha! We have been through soo much. BJ gave me a Priesthood blessing and that helped comfort me a lot. I keep feeling period of peace, but I felt that with my last miscarriage as well. I know things will turn out the way they are supposed to, and honestly right now that feels like this baby is going to come join our family. I hope I am right. Tonight for the first time I felt flutters of the baby's movement. While watching Kaylee's baseball game I could have sworn the baby had the hiccups. I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us, and I know that he has the ability to keep this baby safe if that is where he/she needs to be right now. I am praying so hard that is the case. But for now, I am enjoying these little tiny movements and trying to stay positive.
Post a Comment