10/14/09 9:30 PM

(0) Comments

Baby kicks

Beej & Chris

So, it is 10:30 pm and I am supposed to be finishing a few things for school but I just wanted to write a few thoughts down. I just got back from clinicals at PCMC. I am with a nurse named Marie- who I knew from when I used to work at PCMC a few years ago so I was pretty excited to have her. Anyway, things are going really well. Marie is a float pool nurse so everyday is an adventure. We have floated to NICU, same day surgery and mostly to the ICS unit. I have to complete 135 hours and am over half way done. Only 5 more shifts left and I will be finished!!! Just have a few tests and my NCLEX and I am done with nursing school! Man am I excited!

I talked to my old manager at PCMC in the ICS unit (cancer unit) because a lot of the nurses up there keep telling me to apply and work there when I finish.
* I used to work in the ICS unit 2 about 2 1/2 years ago and am still good friends with the staff up there. I even saw a pt's family this last week that I had taken care of- so that was fun!

So I just wanted to touch base with her and see what the options were for a job when I graduate. She was excited I was interested in coming and gave me all the info on when to apply and what I needed to do to get started there. BUT today I had a feeling I should go talk to her again and discuss my pregnancy and see what kind of policies they have on new grads and hours. I guess Primary childrens have a policy that new grads have to work full time for one year in order to get hired on. :( BJ and I have talked about it and just don't feel like that is what I should be doing right now with the baby. So she gave me her info and told me to keep in touch with her and let her know what I want to do. Then if I chose to go back there later I could get started on there. I LOVE kids and I really enjoyed the ICS unit. It will be sad not to go back there right after I graduate but I feel like something else is out there that will work better for me, BJ and our daughter. :)

Speaking of our daugher...she is moving around like crazy right now. Late at night is my favorite. I think I put her to sleep with all the walking and now that I am sitting here quietly she is wide awake and kicking. I just saw my belly move a little- it was SOOO FUN! Who knew something so simple would make you so happy! Things have been going really good. I have found that I need to elevate my legs more so I don't get kankles but other than that no complains right now. I feel very blessed and am just hoping she is doing good and staying healthy!
0 Responses to "Baby kicks"

Post a Comment