12 years ago
6/2/10 8:33 PM
Memorial day memories
Beej & Chris
On Memorial day I got asked to do a diabetic visit for one of the nurses that had strep throat. I went to see a patient that I have been taking care of since I started with Life Path Home Health. He is in his 90's and the cutest old man. I went in and got all my supplies ready to check his sugar and give him his insulin. He said, "today is decoration day right?" We got to talking about memorial day and when I asked him if he had any plans that day, he told me that his niece was going to go put some flowers on his previous wife's grave, "the temple marriage one" he said. I could see a tear in his eye. I told him that she sounds like a really amazing person and I wish I could have met her. He just looked at me and said, "I am ready to visit her myself". As tears are rolling down my eyes I quickly gather my stuff and walk out the door. I don't usually get soo emotional. I just thought it was so neat to see the love he has for his wife and the fact that he know he will see her again. It was just so sweet. It made me want to run home to BJ and give him a HUGE hug.
0 Responses to "Memorial day memories"
Post a Comment