7/2/10 12:36 PM

(2) Comments

1st attempt at making a bow

Beej & Chris

I have heard making bows are really easy so I decided to make my first attempt at a 4th of July bow. Here is how I did it...
Step 1: Buy the Supplies
5/16 " ribbon
1/4 " wooden dowels
small binder clips or clothes pin
hair clip
glue gun
strong thread
Step 2: Wrap
Use the binder or clothes pin to secure the ribbon to the wooden dowel and then wrap the dowel with ribbon.


Step 3: Cook

Cook wooden dowels for 2o minutes at 250 degrees in the oven


ha ha ha- but don't make the stupid mistake I did and use PLASTIC clothes pins. I was trying to hurry and finish while Kaylee was taking a nap and wasn't thinking. LOL

Step 4: Unwrap

Unwrap the ribbon after it has cooled completely



Step 5: Tie

Center bundle of ribbon on a long piece of thread and tie a secure knot. Turn ribbon over and tie again.


Step 6: Glue

Glue ribbon onto hair clip. I am not a huge fan of BIG bows so after the glue was set I trimmed up the ribbon to my liking.



Finished Product




This project was really easy and fun to make. I like the bow but I think I still prefer smaller simpler bows.
2 Responses to "1st attempt at making a bow"
the laytons. said :
July 4, 2010 at 9:51 PM
The bow turned out SO cute!! I'm sad i wasn't able to play that day to make one with you. I really want to make some though...all sorts of colors would be fun! :)
Rosalee said :
July 5, 2010 at 11:49 AM
That is really cute! I'm surprised at how simple it is to make those types of bows. I love the picture of your shriveled, cooked clothes pins. That is too funny! Even though I don't have a girl, we should make bows together sometime. After all I do have nieces!

Post a Comment