7/7/10 9:42 AM

(1) Comments

Quick...or not so quick...RECAP

Beej & Chris

So I have got behind on all the fun things Kaylee has done and we have done as a family so here is my recap in no particular order.




We celebrated the 4th of July pretty much all weekend. On the 3rd we went up to Malad, Idaho to see the parade and go to the park for the annual races.



My brother Nate and my nephew Carson




It was FREEZING cold at the parade.


The whole crew minus my sister Angela.

The Annual Leap Frog Competition. BJ, Johnathon (brother) and a cousin competed last year and won the trophy. They had to bring the trophy back and compete for the title again.


Look at these leap frog skills!
They BLEW the competition out of the water err.. the grass....they won!

They have races for all ages starting with the crawlers. As soon as Kaylee starts walking we are going to train her so she can win the silver dollar next year!! It's on!

There was a hypnotist at the park. I attempted to get hypnotized but it didn't work. I guess I didn't really want it.






BJ competed in the pie eating contest. See the pig trophy on the left of him. That's what it's all about baby! jk It costs $10 to enter with a total of 10 contestants and winner wins all the entry fee's adding up to be $100. My dad entered BJ and my brother Johnathon (on the right) and told them they could keep the $90 and give him the $10 back for entering.

BJ KICKED booty
The judges kept looking at him and the guy at the far left. It was SOOO close. But the guy on the far left beat BJ by a few bites. He came and gave BJ $20 since they were so close. BJ gave his $10 back to my dad and the $10 he owed me. ha ha
The 4th my nephew Logan was blessed. We had a bbq and did some fireworks at my brother's house. Kaylee just stared at them.

We then went to Cherry Hill at the 5th. My mom took a ton of pictures so I will post more later!

This is at the parade in Layton. Kaylee didn't love the sirens.


Kaylee LOVES to watch baby Einstein. I don't put it in very often but when I need to get a few things done then I will put in the movie and she will be content until it is over.
Look it how much fun she is having.

Uh oh- she was caught having fun!


My mom snuggling with Kaylee at her work.


This is Kaylee's friend Brinlee.




Kaylee loves to play with her feet
She also LOVES this toy!!!

I went out and bought a little kid pool from walmart and took Kaylee out a few weeks ago. It took her awhile to get used to it. But she is liking the water more and more.


She loved to play with her toys in the water

She is thinking about it. "umm..that looks like fun mom. But can't you just bring it to me instead of put me in that cold wet stuff?"



Kaylee has been enjoying her bath time more and more lately. But she is funny. She always pushes her feet to the very end of the tub to make sure she doesn't fall in. Lol Silly girl.


At 4 months we started Kaylee on rice cereal. We did it way too thin at first so she would just get frustrated. She does SOO much better now that I thicken it up more. She loves it!


Yummy!



We decided to try some Peaches the next week. She didn't like it at first but started to get used to it. I then heard that I should give her vegetables first- before fruit or she will have a hard time taking vegetables. So....next time it will be vegetables.
"Here dad. I will help you!"


We got free Bee's tickets from the Utah Jazz. BJ and I aren't normally big baseball fans. But I really enjoy going to these Bee's games. We have stayed for the whole game though. lol They can go pretty long sometimes. We sat in the grassy area at first but then found some seats close to the field at the end of the game. The view from these seats were much better than the grass!






1 Response to "Quick...or not so quick...RECAP"
Rosalee said :
July 7, 2010 at 9:36 PM
Looks like you have had lots of fun! So, I've read various things about starting fruits vs. vegetables first and it doesn't really matter which you start first. What does matter is giving your baby/child lots of opportunities to try vegetables, and setting a good example by eating veggies yourself! That's something I need to work on!

Post a Comment