12 years ago
LOVE Summer!!! We got season tickets to Cherry Hill this year and have been going there almost everyday. The park opens at 1030 am and depending on the day it is packed by 1040 am. I seriously would get to the park by 1030 and by the time I checked in and walked to our usual spot in Pirates Cove- there was not a single seat left! So today I prepared early. We packed the bags and headed out the door at 10 am. We got to Cherry Hill at 1015 am I put on some makeup and started putting things into the stroller. I checked in at 1020 and the second the park opened I pushed the stroller as fast as little Kaylee's legs could go until she was saying "too fast mommy". It really felt like I was at the mall shopping during 'Black Friday' running through the isles trying to beat other costumers to the best priced toy or the best "spot" at Cherry Hill. As I was walking into the pirates cove I saw a lot of the spots had already been taken. "OH NO. Why didn't I think about the other side of the park!" People were flooding in. RUN RUN- pick up and carry the stroller over the stairs and get our favorite spot RUN! Ha it didn't hit me how crazy I was being until we were walking down the hill and Kaylee slipped and scraped her knee. She was tough and jumped right up and started walking so I had to follow her- she was way too excited to go swimming that she didn't care. But seriously who am I? ha ha Needless to say we got "OUR SPOT" where I could put Connor's stroller in the shade and be right next to the slide where Kaylee loves to be. Success!
Connor was too excited to go swimming that he didn't take his nap until later so he could come swimming for a bit. He started to get onry so I gave him a bottle and his binky and took him for a walk with Kaylee. He crashed so I got Kaylee's life jacket on and placed Connor in the shade and took Kaylee swimming in the big pool. Kaylee is getting better and better with the life jacket. She is so brave- she will even close her eyes, nose and mouth and let me dunk her real quick under the water. We had a blast and Connor slept the whole time. He was still sleeping when we left but I was getting hungry and pretty tired not to mention we had already been there for 3 hours so we headed out. It was a great day! Can't wait to go again....tomorrow maybe?! :)



Post a Comment