12 years ago
Disneyland was a big part of our Anniversary celebration so we were just going to go to dinner on our actual anniversary. BUT I was sick with a horrible cold, so we just chilled at home instead and shared our gifts that we made for each other and played games and watched a movie. It ended up being such a fun night!
Since our tradition is to make the gifts for each other on our anniversary I wanted to share what we made each other. BJ's was easy cause I told him what I wanted. BJ is such an organized person and keeps things really clean. I do a good job for the most part in keeping our house clean and organized but my closet and some deep cleaning around the house just sometimes doesn't make it to my list everyday. SO...BJ made me 4 coupons that expire in 2017 that allows me to write down what I want him to clean and he will do it (including my lovely closet!). You know how it is always easier to clean someone else's house rather than your own. I just hate cleaning my closet so I am excited to use my coupon a few times for that- and I will probably add bathrooms and vacuuming my car too. :)
And bonus- he also made me these cool magnet boards so I can put my bobby pins on them, so I stop losing them..ha ha..or so he wishes ;) We found this on Pinterest and loved the idea. I am excited to use them!
And since BJ didn't give me any ideas I had to come up with one on my own. I found this lovopoly website that gave me a great idea. I loved the idea but knew it would take time so I looked and looked for another idea but didn't find one so lovopoly it was.
It actually didn't take as long as I thought which was good since I started it really late. We randomly had two Monopoly Junior game boards upstairs- so instead of following the Monopoly board like the website explained- I adjusted and used the Junior board which ended up being even better cause it doesn't take that long to play.
I tried to take close up pictures so you could see but they are still a little small. But if you click on them I think they will get bigger. Anyway I costumized the board to follow different memories we have had over the past 5 years of our marriage with specific trips and vacation places as well as football games, Jazz games, and Desert star shows that we have gone to over the years. And instead of Jail- you go to the Dog house!
I also added two 'Get Lucky' cards to the board. But I won't share those ;)
We played it that night and had a blast. I am so glad I took the time to make it. It has so many great memories in it from these past 5 years that make it so fun to play and re-live them. These past 5 years have flown. I am soo grateful for BJ. He is the most patient, loving, compassionate, amazing person I could ever imagine. I feel like the luckiest girl to have found him. I can't imagine life without him!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABE-A-LISH ;)
Post a Comment