We usually do our canning at Grandma and Grandpa Scott's house, but this year we thought we would do most of it at our house. A few weeks before we bottled peaches, and made peach freezer jam. This weekend we made two batches of chili sauce and one patch of salsa. We woke up really early and got one of the batches and almost a second while the kids were still asleep. Since we only had one processor it took a lot longer than we wanted, but it worked out really well at home.
BJ has been so good with helping out with canning. The nights I didn't want to do peaches but he knew they would go bad if we didn't do it, he stayed up and canned them himself without a complaint. He is such a hard worker, I am so grateful to have him as my wonderful husband for eternity.
No- I didn't sit in this chair eating oreo's the whole time we canned...ha ha this was just when it was processing.
Post a Comment