10/11/13 12:20 PM

(0) Comments

Potty Training Connor

Beej & Chris

 Connor has been saying "I go potty" for awhile now, but I wasn't prepared to potty train him yet. I tried a few times seeing how interested he really was, but conference weekend is when we officially started the training. I figured it would be easier to watch him and help him go potty with BJ's help, and since we were going to be sitting there watching conference all day Saturday and Sunday. He did okay on day 1...I think he peed on the floor a few times, but we got him to sit and pee on the potty once at the end of the day. He has since gone a few times a day.
 He LOVES sitting on the potty and uses it as an excuse to get out of anything. He doesn't want to eat dinner "I NEED to go potty mom!", he get's in trouble and is sent to timeout "But MOM, I NEED to go potty!!". Kaylee tried the same thing..."Sorry buddy...I see right through it" ha ha.
 Whenever Connor does go potty Kaylee and Mom break out into a potty dance and daddy gives him high praises. Connor's smile is HUGE. He absolutely LOVES the praise. 

ha ha random picture...Connor took of himself
 Connor wears a pull up when we are at the store or another person's house. He has yet to go potty somewhere besides home, but we aren't rushed. It is frustrating at times with how many pull ups he has gone through (those are expensive man), but it is nice to just relax and watch him figure it out.

The more I push him to go, the less interested he is. Almost every time he has gone in the potty- it has been when he decided on his own to go sit down and go. He started out going on the big potty and the little one on the floor, but when we went to the restaurant the other day and it flushed while he was sitting on it- he got scared. He has since gotten over that fear (thank goodness) and sits on the big potty by himself. He is so little I think he is going to fall right through but he insists on doing it "MY self"
One last laugh to end the post with. Today while he was sitting on the potty, he said to me "The poop is coming out" touches my face and then says "HIDE". ha ha ha It was hilarious.
0 Responses to "Potty Training Connor"

Post a Comment