12 years ago
This will have been my 6th pregnancy with the two other miscarriages I have had in between Connor and Ashlynn. BJ and I were both nervous and really really tried not to get excited, but we were still really hopeful. I changed doctor's since my last OB is now in our ward-ha. I wasn't too sad to get a new doctor though, because right before I had Ashlynn I got bronchitis and was so so sick. It took forever to get an antibiotic and for Dr. Pead to call me back, and he didn't ask me how I was doing when he came for his post visit after I had Ashlynn despite me being so sick and the fact that Ashlynn was still in the NICU. ANYWAY...it was just hard.
Oh and to make the April Fool's even more fun; BJ chipped his front tooth. Yep, we had family pictures the following day! We laughed saying he was just trying to cheer me up and distract me from what was happening; which it did.
I told my neighbor Paige what was happening so she could watch our kids while I went to the doctors. She then dropped off a sweet package that of course made me teary. I also had to tell my work since I had to get work off and needed my bosses help in covering a few hours of my shift. My work sent over a bouquet of flowers as well as my friend Jamie Scott. My aunt Becky found out a few days later when I was picking kids up from Kindergarten and she also brought over a package for us. And my amazing friend Ashley made us dinner the night of the surgery while Papa Bruce helped watch the kids. We felt very taken care of and loved by friends and family.
The D&C went as planned. I struggled a little coming out of anesthesia and was just really tired afterwards. I have since been in contact with the anesthesiologist with some past "myoclonic reactions" to another anesthetic they have used in the past (Propofol) in hopes of finding a better way to sedate me next time so I don't struggle so much. She was so kind and offered to look over me records and help me.
BJ and I playing with the SnapChap App while we waited for the surgery to happen
Needless to say with everything going on; it had been an emotional week. On the following Sunday night after the surgery we just relaxed as a family. We grilled outside on our back deck and ended up blowing bubbles together. It started out with just BJ or I blowing bubbles for Ashlynn and the other kiddos. But after awhile we were ninja hitting the bubbles, using our skills to keep the bubbles high up in the air. We were laughing so hard. I don't know how long we did this for; but it was a good hour I would guess. It was the best day ever. I couldn't remember the last time we had laughed and laughed and had so much fun as a family. Even though the storms in life are hard and really difficult; there is always a rainbow after...and the rainbows are sometimes overwhelmingly amazing that it makes it a little easier to get through the difficult hardships ahead.
Post a Comment