11/10/11 2:48 PM

(1) Comments

Idaho Memories

Beej & Chris

A few weeks ago Connor and I had a unique opportunity to go up to Idaho to help place a headstone in the Samaria cemetery for my Grandma Scott's brother and sister that had passed away many years ago. And when I say "help"- I mean sit there and talk to my grandparents while my dad and uncle do all the work ;)
Daniel Price passed away shortly after birth and is not actually buried at this cemetery which is why it says "In Memory of", and Baby Price doesn't have a name because she was stillborn. My Grandma Scott has been wanting to do this for a long time so placing a memory to her siblings was very special to her and I was happy I could share in her joy.
I seriously love my Grandpa Scott. He is always working hard and serving everyone around him. He is so respectful and loving to his wife and has set such an amazing example to me of how I want my marriage to be when I am older.







Ahh the foot grave. I have talked about this before, but in Samaria when we go visit the graves we always make it a point to race to find the "foot grave". The guy (B.W.?) had to have his foot amputated so he buried it and had a headstone made for it. Later on where his foot used to be (Phantom pain for those that know what that is) was hurting him. So he went and dug up his foot and changed its position so it wouldn't hurt him anymore, and apparently it helped. So here is a picture of the famous "foot grave".

Kaylee stayed home with BJ while Connor and I had some bonding time together. :)


L-R (Cousin Heidi, Aunt Sherrie, Mom, Brother Nathan)

My Grandma Scott is so fun to be around. I feel like I can talk to her about anything and she makes a point to remember and ask me about it later. She has such an amazing memory! My grandma is also a crazy good cook and has a great sense of humor. When she says something to my grandpa and he can't hear her, instead of getting frustrated she just teases him and takes advantage that he couldn't hear and says something silly to him.



1 Response to "Idaho Memories"
Nina said :
November 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM
The foot grave is awesome! haha Christie, that pic of you and Connor is so cute, you are a hot momma! And the one of him with your grandma is so precious when he's cuddling with her. And I love his little tum! I just love him! And I loved your last post about BJ and your two jobs. What an amazing hubs and family you have! Seriously so sweet, made me a little teary eyed! Aren't supportive husbands wonderful? I'm so, so glad for you that you got such perfect jobs where you can be home with Kaylee and Connor!

Post a Comment