12 years ago
I just love my Kaylee girl and knew I was going to be gone all day long the following Saturday with Connor and my parents up in Idaho, so I decided to take her out on a date just the two of us. I will admit I have those hard mommy days where I just need a break and am frustrated and losing my patience with the kids, so you would think that getting away would be the solution right? Well it is not. Even if it is only for a day or a few hours I still miss my kids terribly. What can I say- I love being their mom even on the hard days :)
As soon as BJ got home from work I printed off a $2 off coupon for Kangaroo Zoo and took Kaylee out for our "mommy daughter date". Kangaroo Zoo is 5 minutes away from my house. 2 years and younger cost $5 so with the $2 off- it only cost $3 (not to mention I was free since I was just watching)! For those of you that don't know- Kangaroo Zoo is an indoor activity area that is filled with bounce houses and slides. This was my first time going there but Kaylee had so much fun, we just might have to go again.
This just cracked me up. Kaylee found a little table with 5 chairs that she would carry over and make a line and then would bring them all back to the table.
This is a good picture of the room. It is filled with fun things to play. Kaylee was in heaven. She would just run from slide to slide and kept looking back at me as if to say, "Is this ok? I can really just play on all of this!?" I loved it. I let her go and do whatever her little hear desired.
Kaylee could go on almost all of the slides except for one. The place where you grab onto to climb up was a little to high for her. But she wanted soo badly to go on this slide. She tried and tried and tried. I kept telling her, "It's ok Kaylee. This one is a little big for you. How about we go try another one." She would walk away but then go right back and try again. She finally walked back and literally threw her socks off and RAN to the slide and tried one last time to climb it, and guess what.....
She did it! I seriously was sooo proud of Kaylee. She has so much drive and determination. She won't let anything stop her from accomplishing what she sets out to do. She had this same determination as she learned to play with lego's just after a year old, or as she just recently learned how to put on her shoes by herself. She will get frustrated but try and try and try again until she figures it out! Way to go Kaylee!
After a good workout from Kangaroo Zoo, we headed over to the Pizza Factory for some yummy dinner. When I went up to the front counter and they asked, how many? I just smiled and said, "Just the two of us." Kaylee then cuddled up to me while we waited for them to call us back. SO fun!
Post a Comment