12 years ago
I have been thinking a lot lately and have realized how much of an "I want it ALL" attitude I have been having lately.
- I want to be an amazing homemaker. Making dinner every night, having a clean and organized house, and super cute decorations throughout my house (decorations that I either made or found from a really good deal)
- I want to be an amazing mom with well behaved and smart kids...oh and I want to spend equal amounts of time with them and give them every opportunity I can to help them succeed in life and achieve amazing goals as they become adults. Oh and I don't want to spoil them. And I want to have 4-6 kids all close together or somewhat close together.
- I want to run a half a marathon
- I want to get my bachelors degree in nursing. I want to be a stay at home mom without having to work....but at the same time I find myself wanting to be a full time nurse (until I come home to my kids of course- but if I didn't have kids I would love to find an amazing job in a hospital and just be this killer smart and amazing nurse that knows all :D)
- I want to make homemade Halloween costumes
- I want to play at the World Horseshoe tournament next year in St. George. I'm not that competitive but I do want to work at it and do my best.
- I want to be smart in the scriptures and know all the stories and feel like I can really contribute in Sunday School at church.
- I want to be the "cool" mom but also the "smart mom" that teaches my kids good things and expects a lot out of them. Oh and I want my kids to always want to hang out with me and talk to me about everything (even when they are teenagers)
- I want to dress cute and do my hair and make up each day.
I want to be a perfect mom, perfect daughter, perfect visiting teacher, perfect sister, perfect wife, and have a perfect body and look perfect everyday.
Why is that? Why do we always feel the need to be perfect? Maybe because people make comments suggesting you should change that way you think, act, and feel. But why do we care what other people think? I catch myself worrying about what other people think a lot and for the most part I catch myself and realize that I really don't care and just do my best- but every once in a while it can get me down. I mean I think it is important that we strive to do our best. I think goals are great too- but when you have a list like I do....you realize that you can't have it all, and that is okay.
Just thought I would share my thoughts :)
Post a Comment