8/2/12 7:55 AM

(0) Comments

The day I took two kids to the movie theater....

Beej & Chris

So I sometimes write down a few notes that I want to remember so I can either write it in my journal or blog about it..well I just found a note that said, 'March 19th, 2012 - remember the time you took two kids to the movie theater'.

Ha ha, yep I remember. Kaylee was just over two years old and Connor was 9 months old. We went to see the Lorax. I remember it had been a rough week with the kids, ya know still adjusting to having two kids being so close together. So I decided to venture out and have an adventure. We got popcorn and set everything down and just as the movie was getting ready to start Kaylee had to go potty. So I left most of our stuff (car seat, popcorn, diaper bag, and drinks) by our seats and carried Connor in one hand and walked with Kaylee in the other. We then made it back to the movie just after it had started. I put Connor in his car seat with some snacks and put Kaylee in the seat next to me. Kaylee was still small enough she was having a hard time not being squished in between the seat as it kept trying to close on her- even though I put her on a booster seat on top of the chair.

We then had a quite moment where Connor was eating his snacks, Kaylee was eating popcorn, and I took a deep breath and started to enjoy myself. That moment lasted pretty long considering how young the kids were. Kaylee got a little restless and started to wander around. Connor had fallen asleep for a bit and then everything happened at once. Kaylee knocked over the popcorn, Connor started to cry and as I was trying to settle him down as fast as I could- Kaylee was running around in the front of the movie screen. I hurried and grabbed Kaylee and went outside as fast as I could-because nobody wants to hear a screaming baby in a movie theater. I then realized I had to go back into the movie theater to get the rest of the stuff and I for sure couldn't leave the kids outside by their selves. So I made it back into the theater and grabbed my stuff with both kids in tow. Kaylee then realized we were leaving for good and started to cry and refused to walk. I had Connor in his car seat and somehow managed to drag Kaylee screaming at the top of her lungs passing people starring me down- to the car. I buckled both kids in their car seats, gave Connor his binky and Kaylee a drink, turned on the car and then stepped outside of it to take a deep breath.

Okay so yeah that was insane and pretty daring of me to do, but you get to a point in being a stay-at-home mom that you need NEED to get out of the house and do something. So that is what we decided to do and it was definitely an adventure and something I look back at now and just laugh. I just have to keep reminding myself that these adventures are not going to last- I am going to one day look back and miss this stage and having sweet little babies giving wet kisses or toddlers saying the funniest things. Yep being a mom is hard and being a patient mom is even more difficult and I have a long way to go- but it sure is an adventure!
0 Responses to "The day I took two kids to the movie theater...."

Post a Comment