12 years ago
I took the kids to the North Salt Lake Splash Pad a few times. They do okay but both love going to the playground more than playing in water so we usually end up at the park.
And of course CHERRY HILL. I hardly took any pictures of the many times we went to Cherry Hill, mostly because we are by water and I didn't want my phone or camera to get ruined. So here are the few I got.
At the beginning of the season and for most of it, Connor would play for a bit but then would take a nap in the stroller while Kaylee and I swam in the big pool. We also mostly spent our time at pirates cove at the beginning of the season. But by the end, I got brave and the kids got more comfortable- so we did everything except the big slides. I felt comfortable taking both kids in the lazy river, the big pool, and occasionally playing in pirates cove. Kaylee would swim on her own with her life jacket so I had free hands to help Connor. Kaylee would also go on the little slide in pirates cove by herself and stay right where I could see her most of the time. I would tell her if she didn't listen or if she left than we had to go home and we did a few times, so she learned and did really really well.
I wish I had pictures of Connor awake and playing because he loved the water! Next season for sure. The only thing I would change is S.N.A.C.K.S. Both kids loved eating snacks and thought that was why we went to Cherry hill- to eat snack. As soon as we got out of the car they wanted their drinks or applesauce or chips. So I am going to do better at not giving them snacks until in the car or right as we leave so they spend more time swimming.
But overall we had an amazing summer. The kids played outside in our backyard a lot. They got so comfortable that I could sit in the house on the couch and watch them out the window. Connor would go straight for the sandbox and stay there until I went and got him out. He could have lived in there. Kaylee started out the summer eating sand but has grown a lot since then- it is crazy that that happened this year. I will post more about other activities we have done this summer...

.jpg)
.jpg)
Post a Comment