9/12/15 9:41 AM

(0) Comments

Big Cottonwood Half Marathon

Beej & Chris

After a lot of preparation I was finally ready to run my first half marathon. 

BJ had the kids make signs (which I LOVED)


This was the playground they played at while they were waiting for me




My cheer squad
It meant the world to me that my mom, kierston and her kids, BJ and the kids, and my friend Ashley came to support me! Ashley ran the most difficult part of the race with me (the end). I really wanted to stop running but with her right beside me and then the huge crowd cheering- it kept me going.

I only stopped one time during the whole race and it was at the very end of the hill. I went to the bathroom to check my pants because they were wet...ha ha but it was just sweat. (gross I know). I should have went to the bathroom right then; but I wanted to jump right back out on the road to keep running. That one stop really messed me up. It was pretty hard to keep going after that. I was at a really good pace and stopping messed that up. When I was going through the finish line I had to pee soo bad. I may or may not have peed my pants a tiny bit as I ran through the finish ha ha. I immediately bolted to the bathrooms after I had finished.
Yep, I am nursing the baby right after running a half marathon. This is what moms do :D

My aunt Amy ran the race as well. She killed it. I loved that she ran as well. It was so nice having someone to be with at the beginning of the race and after. One of the nurses at work Gina ran the race as well. I didn't see her after the race however. But she was right there at the end with Amy.





Running this race was a BIG deal for me. This is what I posted on facebook:
Just finished my last training run before my half marathon on SAT! This is a BIG deal to me. For those that don't know; I came home from my mission a year early due to knee problems. It took up until nov 2013 (6 years after I got home from my mission) before the problem was diagnosed and surgically fixed. For most of our marriage we couldn't go long distances without having to sit and rest because my knees hurt so much (including grocery shopping). I was told by doctors and physical therapists "running is nowhere in your future". I am now going to run a 13.2 mile race and am totally stoked! Don't get me wrong, I'm nervous for the race. But I feel so blessed to be able to have this opportunity to run. ‪#‎feelinggrateful‬ ‪#‎halfmarathonsat‬


This was the pre race dinner. BJ decorated and made a spaghetti dinner. It was the best!



All bundled up before we ran the race (I know these pictures are out of order)
I had to take a picture because when I got my race packet BJ laughed at this mylar blanket. He said "do you really think people will wrap this around them" ha ha YEP- I think they will.






After the race I came home and crashed hard. I was so tired. We then met Ashley, Amy and their families at Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner.









Yay! The race was soo much fun. Immediately after I thought "I want to do this again!"

0 Responses to "Big Cottonwood Half Marathon "

Post a Comment