12 years ago
Kaylee has always loved music along with Connor and now Ashlynn. So, we weren't surprised when she wanted to sign up for the school choir that met every Thursday at 745. We love how confident she is in her singing. She can memorize really well; so she learns the words quickly and then with confidence sings it out loud and proud. It is the BEST! I hope she keeps developing her singing talent; and keeps her confidence. More than anything I want her and our other kids to have confidence. It will change their lives.
Speaking of confidence. I had been looking for a place where the kids could continue to grow their confidence with singing and dancing. I finally found the perfect place. It is called Up with Kids. It is a singing/dancing/acting class where they learn different techniques and put on a play. The kids just started going and they wont perform their play until May. The play is going to be about Inside out and Aladdin (two of the kids favorite movies). Their teacher Mrs. Melody is amazing!! This was exactly what Connor needed to break out of his shell and gain confidence. I can't wait to see their play!
Ever since we moved from Woods Cross in the apartment Kaylee has struggled with some anxiety. She gets really nervous if I am ever out of her sight. She will also continue to check on the adult when she is at her friends house as well. She developed a big fear of being left. Whenever I would walk in the other room in our new house she would go into a panic and started yelling/crying hysterically throughout the house before she has even looked for me. She would yell "MOM!!! Where are you!?" It was getting really difficult. I would have to tell her before I went to the bathroom, "Kaylee, I am going to go to the bathroom right now. If you are looking for me I will be in the bathroom"; otherwise she would scream and wake up Ashlynn. Well, on one of the first days at Up with Kids I was sitting in the room watching her with the other parents when Ashlynn started being fussy. I tried walking with her out in the hallway but she wasn't having any of it. So I started walking down the stairs just below where Kaylee and Connor were at. Kaylee ran out screaming "MOM!" in the middle of Up with Kids and saw me going down the stairs. She KNEW I was leaving her. :( I felt so bad. I explained to her that I was just walking downstairs because Ashlynn was being fussy. But that experience really didn't help Kaylee's anxiety. After calming her down. She of course didn't want to go back into class until all of her tears were gone and she didn't look like she had been crying at all ( just like her mama as a kid. She doesn't want anyone to see her cry). She went inside. Literally every two seconds she would look back and smile at me....to make sure I was still there.
I love this girl so much. I won't lie this anxiety has been really really difficult. It is hard to have patience with it when it occurs multiple times a day. But I also feel really bad she is scared and just wish I could help calm her nerves. We talked to the pediatrician and he just told us to keep reassuring her and telling her when we are leaving. Moving can be really hard on kids- a lot more difficult than I imagined.
Above is a picture of Kaylee trying on a dress from the Gap. I LOVED it; but she obviously wasn't so sure. I should have listened to her, because it is now almost impossible to get her to wear this dress.
Making my grandma Scott's yummy cinnamon roll recipe. This is something I remember my mom making all throughout our childhood. I remember grabbing a few cinnamon rolls as a kid and hiding them behind things in the kitchen so I could have one in the morning.
Ashlynn sitting in the cart for the first time. Look at this big girl!
Grandma Scott's homemade rolls. I keep practicing and practicing trying to make these rolls as good as my Grandma makes them....but I have yet to make them how she does. They are yummy; just not the same.
Ashlynn now waves "Bye Bye" and will say "Mama" and "Dada"
Post a Comment