12 years ago
This year was a difficult year in finding tomatoes. The last few years it was hard to find tomatoes before Labor day. But this year it was even hard ON Labor day Monday. BJ took the kids and tried to pick tomatoes for awhile and only got partial boxes.
Needless to say we didn't end up canning on Labor Day weekend like usual. I believe it was the week after we found some tomatoes in Willard that BJ drove to. They were a bit expensive but we really wanted to can some more chili sauce since it is favorite at our house. We did that and some tomato juice and called it a year. Hopefully next year we will get a little more.
Yep, I cut all these tomatoes while BJ was at work and with the kiddos. ha ha I was pretty impressed with myself.
Post a Comment