9/8/15 9:32 AM

(0) Comments

Life in the New house

Beej & Chris


Ashlynn eating a pickle for the first time.....
We were trying to capture her amazing crazy reaction.....
But there ended up being no reaction at all. She loved it and wanted more!

Making hamburgers for dinner. Connor thought having goldfish on his hamburger would be yummy
We took the kids up to the Bountiful temple for FHE one night for a walk. We got there after the temple grounds had already closed; so we walked around the outside of the fence and took a few pictures of these stinkin cute kiddo's.


Look at those gorgeous eyes!

While the kids were at school (Connor at preschool and Kaylee at kindergarten) and Ashlynn was taking her nap. I decided to go downstairs and work on the basement and guess what I found!?

Our very first flood!
Thank goodness our basement hadn't been finished yet. What a blessing in disguise.

I dumped the shop vac and started sucking up water. I dumped a few loads. They were SOO heavy with all the water. So I called my AMAZING new neighbor Paige Bangeter to come help me dump the water. She also brought a squeegee that we used to help clean it up.

We figured it had to have been from the water softener. We had it being sent to the drain but it wasn't secured so the water wasn't making it to the drain. We were so fortunate that there wasn't any damage done. All the water pooled in that one area which was away from the boxes and things we had in the basement. Another amazing blessing.





After a lot of thought and discussion; we started looking for kitchen tables. We had spent a lot of our savings and really didn't want to take more out; but finally took the plunge and got a dinning table for our new house so we could all eat together.
We got it from RCWilley and I LOVE it! It matches perfectly in the house.

This was when we took the kids to the store to look at it. They were sitting in a corner playing with my phone while Ashlynn played with the tables. I went to check on the kids and found a penny right next to Ashlynn on the floor. I quickly picked it up so she didn't put it in her mouth. Yet again; another amazing blessing. I have sure felt looked after lately.


We had one more little leak in the basement. BJ did some more adjusting and we were finally water free! Not gonna lie.....I wasn't looking forward to cleaning up this water again, but I was grateful it wasn't as much as last time.
Dun dun dun.....Work Holiday Meeting. This is the most stressful meeting in the whole year! We all get together and they first ask if their are any volunteers for holidays. If you volunteer you have to pick up two holiday shifts. They then go through seniority for the full/part time employees and then they go to the PRN's which is ordered by how many hours you worked in the year. I was second to last. :( But Thankfully I didn't have to work Christmas morning! I did however have to sign up for Christmas Eve 2-10pm. Which was a bummer since BJ's family party is always that night. But I was feeling very blessed I didn't have to work Christmas morning. That was the only shift I really really didn't want.

The table was finally delivered! They delivered it while BJ was at work. They had the table set up on the chairs and were about to flip it when I realized I wanted to put something on the end of the table legs so it didn't scratch the floor. So I told them to leave the table like it was; without thinking about how hard it would be to move back the right way. After I finished covering the legs I looked at the table with determination. Ashlynn was asleep and Kaylee was at school. I was worried about having the kids playing around the table and getting hurt with it faced like this; so I attempted to move the table myself. ha ha ha What a joke! That table is heavy unsurprisingly. As I was holding the table I yelled for Connor to hurry and put the chairs back where they were so I could put the table back on the chairs. I then posted the following picture on the ward website on facebook asking for help to move the table. My neighbor Paige saw it and texted me shortly after. Her husband came over and helped me flip the table. He made it look a lot lighter than I did ha ha.
Yay! Here it is! LOVE IT!

We also got the carpet above the slide done! We were expecting the builders to pay for it- but they said no and then ignored our e-mails after that. Sooo....that was fun. Anyway; the people we got the carpet with was great to work with and gave us a discount since we weren't expecting to pay for it which helped a lot. 

We still need to add a ladder and a gate to protect the kids from falling out. We want to make this a reading nook. Right now the kids use it for little toys or things they don't want their baby sister to get.
Ha ha I took a picture of a yummy chicken/rice meal I made. One of the first meals in the new house made by me! BJ is always making dinner; so I had to capture this epic moment.
0 Responses to "Life in the New house "

Post a Comment