12 years ago
We booked this Disney Cruise vacation over a year ago, so when the day came for the vacation to start we were beyond excited! We put the kids to bed Friday night along with BJ at around 8pm. Kaylee was so excited she had a hard time falling asleep. Both Kaylee and Ashlynn didn't end up falling asleep until around 9:30 pm. I was supposed to go to bed as well...but it was soo nice having some quiet time that I stayed up a lot later than planned, and ran to the store for a few last minute things. I ended up not falling asleep until just after midnight. We then all woke up at 1 am and started our drive to San Diego. BJ got a good 4 1/2- 5 hours of sleep and I was able to fall asleep a few times on the drive.
We didn't end up taking our first stop until we got to one of the first cities in California! It was awesome!
We all got out and wandered around the gas station for a few minutes. The gas station had no price tags on anything.....and I understood why when I asked how much something was and it was crazy over priced ha ha. Needless to say, we only got the gas we needed and then was back on the road with our doughnuts and fruit we had already packed.
The kids did great on the last few hours of the drive.
Yay! We see the beach!
After driving around the parking lot for a good 20 minutes, we finally found a parking spot!
We loved the beach in La Jolla last year when we went to San Diego, so we made sure to go to that beach again
Ashlynn was so excited to get out of the car to go and play in the water
We made the mistake in setting up our stuff in the sand. Ashlynn rolled around in it after being wet and had sand EVERYWHERE. We then realized our mistake and moved all of our stuff onto the grass.
Ashlynn had so much fun playing in the water and sand. She did however keep trying to eat the sand any chance she got.
We learned last year that the cost of renting a boogey board was almost the exact cost in buying one. So we bought one off amazon before our vacation and brought it along. We all had SO MUCH FUN body surfing. The kids loved "surfing" in the water and both did a really good job at it.
Ashlynn was soo tired and slept through me changing her and attempting to wipe all the sand off of her body.
Kaylee worked hard at making a sand/mud tower. She would then try to cover her tower to prevent the water from getting it ha ha..it was hilarious.
Who doesn't love playing in the sand?!
I wont lie- I LOVED playing in the water. BJ and I took turns going out on our own. It was a lot of fun.
Here Kaylee is covering her tower :D
After a long day of driving and swimming we headed to our hotel in San Diego.
Post a Comment