11/28/10 9:59 AM

(3) Comments

Thanksgiving 2010

Beej & Chris

We spent Thanksgiving at BJ's parents house this year. Here is the table all set up and ready!

Poor Kaylee has bright red cheeks d/t a fever. She wasnt feeling that well and ended up feeling worse and worse as the night went on. She is getting her front teeth in now- making a total of 6 teeth at 9 months. We think she is getting some more in the back because she keeps bitting on her finger back there. And d/t the teething and not feeling good she has had diarrhea and now has her very first diaper rash. :( so sad. But on a good note- she loved the sweet and mashed potatoes!!

L-R (Anya, Ryan, Tiffany, Elisa, me, JQ's hand and Aiden)

Adam, JQ and Alana
now you can see spencer and JC as well.
Spencer and BJ's dad (Papa Bruce)
The only one we are missing is Grandma Sherry...she was taking all the pictures and cooking :)

We had a lot of yummy food; including a deep fried Turkey. I definitely ate more than I have for a long time. We took time to all tell what we are thankful for. But I wanted to go into a little more depth on here.
I can't even express how grateful I am for BJ. He is such an amazing father to Kaylee and such a supportive and romantic husband. I don't even want to think how my life would be without him. I feel very blessed to have him by my side forever.
Kaylee is the joy in both mine and BJ's lives. She is so fun and crazy and has the cutest personality. There is not one day that goes by that we don't smile or laugh at something she does. She is going to be a great big sister in June.
BJ and I have amazing jobs and a warm place to sleep. We have wonderful families and friends. Life is just good!

Okay quick story about BLACK FRIDAY
I LOVE going shopping on Black Friday. I seriously get a rush as the line starts to go in the store and everyone is running around like crazy. This year since Kaylee wasn't feeling very good. BJ and I tag teamed it. He went to Walmart to get DVDs at midnight. The DVDs were in the frozen section of the store. ha ha people were throwing DVDs and acting like it was the end of the world if they didn't get the DVD that they wanted. Man I wish I could have seen that!
I woke up at 4:30 am and headed to Kmart to get some buy one free toys for Kaylee and some boots for me. I headed straight for the toys first. I was the first one to find them and quickly started to choose which ones I wanted. I started to see people coming so I just started grabbing some. I then realized they weren't there to get those toys and then put them back and took my time deciding which ones. :)
Time to get the boots. I didn't think it would be a big fight to get the boots...but I was wrong. I got back there and finally found the boots which were all picked over. I found a size 7 and decided to try it on. I could always bring it back to get a 7 1/2 or 8 right? As I had put the boot on I realized there was only one there. While I was looking for the other boot I heard a lady trying to find it as well. Well I wanted these boots so I kind of stepped in another isle hoping she would drop her boot and run so I could have it. ha ha (I know I am crazy). Well she didn't...so I started looking around and ended up finding my size. So I sneakily put the boot back and tried on my size 8. Didn't like them. ha ha So I headed to the checkout to pay for the toys. I was in and out of the store in 20 minutes. I then went home and took a nap while BJ did some shopping for me. I had a few work visits and then we both stopped at Jcpenny's before heading to Idaho.
We were both exhausted but excited about the great deals we got. We then headed up to Idaho to see my Grandparents and my parents and little bro who was up there. We had some yummy leftovers and visited with my grandparents for awhile.
It was a great Thanksgiving. The only thing that would have made it better is if we were able so see BJ's mom from Oklahoma as well. :)

3 Responses to "Thanksgiving 2010"
Becky said :
November 28, 2010 at 7:36 PM
We saw BJ at Target but we missed seeing you. Did I read that right. Are you pregnant?!? She'll be a great big sister? That is awesome! Congratulations!!
Recksieks said :
November 29, 2010 at 8:34 AM
What!?! Are you pregnant? That is so fun! Congratulations!(if that's the case)
the laytons. said :
November 30, 2010 at 10:40 AM
Yay!!!! :) Congrats Congrats! And Im so glad you love black friday shopping like me :)

Post a Comment