9/7/11 6:22 PM

(1) Comments

I've lost my marbles.....

Beej & Chris

Ok well I haven't actually lost marbles, but I have lost...

- my cell phone
I must have dropped it at the church parking lot the night of BJ's grandma's viewing and when we went to look for it it was nowhere to be found. We tried calling it and somebody turned it off mid-ring so we know someone has it now. boo
- my wallet
I always get so much anxiety taking both kids to the store. But I needed to run pick up some pictures from Walmart and figured it would be a quick and fast trip so I took them. The trip actually went really well and I was feeling pretty good. I just got the kids buckled in their car seats and figured I would have just enough time to drive home before Connor would wake up ready to eat. When I went to grab my wallet it was nowhere to be found. I was almost positive I left it in the cart inside walmart so I ran just inside the door and the cart was gone. I had to pack the kids back into the cart and back into the store where I waited in line at the returns and asked if anybody had turned in a wallet; feeling really stupid. THANK GOODNESS for honest people. Someone turned it in for me and not a single thing was missing. What a blessing!
- BJ's church keys and keys to the scout trailer
BJ's lets me use his keys to get into the church for cub scouts and I am usually really really good with them. This last week I was still suffering from an annoying cold that was kicking my but, but still ended up going to Cub Scouts. Well we ended up being outside on the grass and I set them down the rest of my things and started teaching the boys. I also set up a bike obstacle course and then helped them pass off their achievement with a baseball and mitt. I then put everything away and made room for one of the scouts so I could run him home. The next day when BJ was asking for the keys so he could get into the scout trailer- the keys were NOWHERE to be found. ugh I felt and still feel horrible about it.

You think all of this is bad...don't worry I still have one more!
- America Express credit card
We just recently joined the rest of the world and got a Costco membership. Since they only take America Express we spent time researching (ok BJ did) and found a really nice America Express card that we decided would take the place of our Discover Card. BJ kept telling me to replace my Discover card and us the America Express. I set it on my lap and started driving to the store. I meant to put it in my wallet the moment I stopped and just before getting into the store. I got into the store and went to use my America Express but once again...it was nowhere to be found. I headed back to the car and of course, the America Express was laying right next to my car. I got really really lucky nobody saw it and took it with them. Somebody is looking out for us that is for sure!

I was really depressed at this point. I kept telling BJ how stupid I was and was feeling really down. I then went out to eat with my mom and told her about it all as well. She just looked at me and said, "You have a lot going on right now. You have two young kids and are trying to do too much. It will get easier, just enjoy this time in your life." I was so grateful for that advice and have since been trying to take things a little bit easier and enjoying all the time I have with my kids....and checking and rechecking that I have my wallet and credit cards with me. I still haven't got a new cell phone, but once I do I will be checking and rechecking that I have that with me as well. :)
1 Response to "I've lost my marbles....."
Julie said :
September 14, 2011 at 2:25 PM
Hi Christie-I am glad to see this text because I tried to call you about the fair and your phone number was not working. text me sometime and let me know your new number. I agree with your mom, it seems the more hurried you get and stressed out these types of things happen. It's okay to let the things that are less important to fall to the wayside until you have more time for them. I have had my grandson here the last two weeks with an all day morning sickness pregnant daughter and it was stressful so I cannot imagine having two little ones. But I can tell by your blog that you are having fun too. Don't be too hard on yourself, your doing great-Julie

Post a Comment