12 years ago
So day one of Moab we spent all of our time in Arches National Park (which by the way was free the weekend we went- score!). Day 2 we started out the day by going to church and then headed to a dinosaur hike and then spent the rest of the day in Canyonlands
The dinosaur trail was fun and the perfect distance for all our kiddos
Kaylee and Connor kept running off which made me so nervous. They have absolutely no fear! I just knew if they were to take a tumble down one of those rocks they could seriously get hurt and they would probably look at me with the look of "MOM! Why didn't you stop me from doing that? I didn't realize what would happen if I ran and fell off this rock!"
Amy and I had some good conversations on this trip. I really look up to her. (Amy even though she is my aunt is only 3 1/2 years older than me). Amy has always been an example to me in Christlike love and helping others who are in need. If I am ever in trouble or need someone to talk to- I know Amy is there and that means the world to me.
We were a little nervous for this Dinosaur hike because it said there was a small creek you had to cross over. That 'creek' was iced over and wasn't an issue at all for us.
I forgot to mention. Amy and her family weren't the only ones with us on the trip. Amy and Joeh's neighbors and friends the Miligans came as well with their two sons. They were so friendly and welcoming to us joining in on the fun. I didn't get as many pictures of them- but below is Corey and his two sons (Spencer and Mathew)
Seriously- can it get any cuter than that!?
Amy's daughter Emily sure loved BJ
Next up- Canyonlands!
I can't remember what this arch was called, but it was a really really short hike. The kids were running ahead and I came up to the Arch and quickly grabbed the kids and started breathing heavy. There was a huge drop-off right through that arch. I am pretty afraid of heights but hadn't ever experienced this much anxiety with it. Tears started to roll down my face. I was petrified! It didn't help that the kids were so close to the arch and once again...had no fear! ugh ugh
BJ comforted me and let me step away for a bit. I got up there one more time- to take a family picture. It helped though knowing what I was stepping up next to. That first time I walked up to it I had no idea what I was going to be looking at.
Family Photo
Kaylee taking a picture of daddy
Daddy taking a picture of Kaylee
We then stopped for lunch and mom took a long nap in the car. Ahhh bliss
The whole group photo!
The guy who we asked to take this picture was so funny. He took a ton of pictures and kept telling us to move around to help with the light. It is funny how some people will just snap one picture and be on their way...and how some take it very seriously!
We then started driving back down the park stopping at a few view points on the way. BJ, Joeh, and Corey went and explored some dangerous cliffs. Ugh- I hated seeing the pictures afterwards
Amazing!!
Post a Comment