9/21/14 9:52 PM

(0) Comments

Pirate day

Beej & Chris

I tend to do a lot of things last minute and am pretty spontaneous. I had saw on Facebook that it was Pirate day and if you wore 3 pirate things than you could get a dozen doughnuts for free. So I quickly got the kids dressed and in pirate gear and ran to Layton (the closes Krispy Kreme) before Connor had to go to preschool at 9 am. Luckily my kids wake up early and we had all been up for awhile ;)
Arrrrrrrr!


Both Kaylee and Connor got a dozen

We knew we couldn't....errr...shouldn't eat two dozen doughnuts ourselves so we did a drive by doughnut drop off to Grandma Scott. She was headed to the store when we called. We then gave a dozen to our neighbors the Mcgavins.
Later that day Kaylee was acting super spoiled rotten and whinnying a lot. It was really hard and ended up lasting for a week or so. I really started to rethink all of my parenting. We do a lot with our kids because I am a little kid myself. I don't spend a ton of money on them, but we go on vacations a lot and run and do these fun free things quite often. I put it out on social media and got flooded with other parents in the same boat with their kids. It made me feel a lot better that it really is an age thing. I am still working on educating her on the fact that everything costs money and that she has to earn things and not get things handed to her. We do a lot of chores and I feel like I am pretty strict with her, but we are constantly working on teaching both kids not to be spoiled as best as we can...though it can be hard at times.
0 Responses to "Pirate day"

Post a Comment