8/24/10 12:02 PM

(0) Comments

6 Month Well Child Visit

Beej & Chris


Kaylee is now 1/2 year old!!! She is growing up way way to fast. Kaylee started crawling right before she turned 6 months old and is now pulling her self up on everything trying to walk. She will pull her self up and just stand there reaching for things until she falls down and then gets up and does it again. It shouldn't be funny but when she is holding on to something and falls she keeps holding on to whatever she was pulling her self up to stand on and looks at me with this "ahh what is happening" look as she is falling and it is hilarious. We bought a walker at a garage sale and she found it in her room when I sat her down and started to play with it. She pulled her self up on it and it started to move and instead of letting go she just held on as tightly as she could and fell down stiff as a board. (side note- I don't just watch Kaylee fall. These are times when I wasn't close enough to catch her). I try to put her to bed in her crib for naps but she will just pull herself up and stand there crying. We have to keep going in there and help her sit down and calm her down so she will go to sleep.

It is soo fun watching her explore the world. She grabs and everything and looks at it. You can see her little mind working. We just got back from her 6 month check up. The doctor gave us a sheet of all that she should be able to start doing in the next 3 months

- Baby will get to a sitting position and pull to a standing position
- Baby will start to crawl
- Baby will start to show separation and stranger anxiety
- Baby will turn when name is called

The doctor then told me that Kaylee is just trying to grow up too fast. She said "She is just doing things really early. She is advanced for her age. Oh boy are you in trouble". The doctor didn't need to tell me that I was in trouble cause I already knew it. Even though I am following her around telling her "no..no Kaylee" and cleaning up the Cd's and Dvd's that she has pulled out. She is SOO much fun! I love seeing her learn. I love her facial expressions and hearing her laugh out loud. She has the cutest personality and I wouldn't change it for a minute.

Here are her stats

Weight: 16 lbs 8 ounces----------70%
Length: 27 inches-------------95%
Head Circumference: 17 inches----------70%

The doctor said she is tall and skinny with a normal size head. :) Although I don't really know how accurate the length was. She was moving all over the place when the nurse tried to measure her. As soon she she would put the pencil up by her head to mark it she would move her head to look at what she was doing. The nurse said, "wow she is really smart and curious".

As far as an update on what Kaylee is eating now. She started eating rice cereal at 4 1/2 months. It took her a little bit to get used to but she loves it now. Her favorite food is squash. She LOVES it! She has pretty much tried all of stage 1. We tried giving her meat and she couldn't quite get used to the texture so we will wait a bit before we try it again. I am now giving her stage 2 mixed vegetables and she eats the whole jar. I also bought her some puffs that she hold in her hand yesterday and she loved them. She has two little teeth that she has had for about a month now. I can see a few more coming in. To help with teething I give her Popsicles. We share it. Here is a video of Kaylee getting way too much in her mouth ha ha.





Now that I have bragged all about Kaylee I will end now. I know it is probably boring to other's but I really really want to remember these special memories. I am having so much fun being a mom. It is a lot A LOT of work but so rewarding at the same time. BJ brought Kaylee in to lay with me this morning at 645 am before he left for work. We just played and cuddled and both fell asleep in my bed. I love these memories and the fun I have with Kaylee and I want her to be able to read about them someday. :)


*** I will upload more pictures and videos soon***
0 Responses to "6 Month Well Child Visit"

Post a Comment