12 years ago
Don't you love my mad picture taking skills :)
Ever heard the saying "when you are pregnant you just have this glow about you". Looks like I captured that "glow" he he
10 weeks left! W...H....A......T?!? I have got lots to do still!!!! Bj and I went to our first lamaze class last night while Papa Bruce and Grandma Sherry watched Kaylee. I was a little nervous to go to the class because I had been having symptoms of a kidney infection that was then causing me to have contractions and a lot of pain. But I figured this is the perfect- I can use the skills they teach in Lamaze to deal with the pain :) The class was amazing and I am really excited for the next 5 classes. The past few days have been super stressful and emotional. I have cried a lot! But when we got finished with the class I was soo calm and slept better last night than I have for a long time. Today as I did a few visits for work- I was just in the most mellow and calm mood. I wasn't rushing as I drove around. I just took my time and relaxed without a worry in my mind. It was soo nice. In the class we talked about nutrition, the positive and negative parts of being pregnant, and then the instructor turned out the lights and had us all lay on the ground and went through "progressive relaxation". As we were relaxing she would have us think of our brain and how it sends messages to our bodies and our heart and then she stopped and talked about our heart and had us make a list of things we were grateful for today. I thought of Kaylee giving me kisses and hugs when I was crying earlier and then when she was pointing to a picture of me on the fridge and kept saying "Mama...Mama". We then thought about our "dream" birth, pictured a special place, and then our couch "BJ" would do what is called "touch relax". He would touch different muscles on shoulder, arm etc.. and just tell me to relax. We laughed the first time because she said "Coaches- in your big voice, say...Relax". lol Big boy voice. I actually was able to really relax in the class which is surprising because there was like 10 couples there so a lot to be distracted with and I was still feeling the cramps and pain from earlier, but I really could visualize going through this birth and having BJ just being there and coaching me through it all. Whenever I would lose focus I would think of Kaylee. I know this may sounds weird to some people, but I really liked this class. I think it will be beneficial for more than the birth of this baby boy, but just helping with stress and pain in daily life.
Post a Comment