12 years ago
I have been stressing out about my work for awhile now but it just keeps getting worse. I keep venting about it to BJ and some of my co-workers (who are having the same problems) but nothing is helping with the stress. So I looked at BJ and said, "ok let me just do a blog about it and I will be done with it." I dont know what it is, but writting down emotions really really helps me deal with stress. I sometimes write blogs or e-mails and then just end up deleting them because I dont want to remember feeling that stressed and writting them is all I needed to help me with the stress. We will see if I delete this one or not. ;)
Here is what I have been stressing out about and dislike about my job
- A boss that I can't please. One that has a temper and will swear at you if she is mad and just doesn't make you feel good about yourself.
- My bosses boss who fails to recognize there is a problem with our boss even though 4 nurses will be quitting in the next few months and then a few others once they have their baby or when they find a job. 3 nurses, a secretary, the marketer, at least one CNA and the physical therapist has called to voice their concerns and complain about our boss. And all my bosses boss says is "well- you are a small branch." Wow that makes us feel important :)
- Waiting for a referal bonus for now 4 months...after having my boss e-mail them twice and then calling the HR lady and never recieving a phone call back.
- Finding out we have a mandatory meeting that is 4 hours long two days in a row, and when I called my boss to find out when this meeting that I am hearing about from other people is- she replies "It is Mandatory. You have to be there". Well that is all nice and good but how am I supposed to be there if I have never been notified of when it is??
- Having a meeting about our patients that lasts 2- 2 1/2 hours EVERY week. When before we would have a meeting every other week for about an hour...maybe an hour 1/2.
- Working with a nurse that complains that she doesn't have enough visits one week and the next gives away 3 out of 5 days worth of visits and when we cant take them all she says "I am NEVER asking for help again. Nobody EVER helps me". How bout you just work!
OK- now onto the POSITIVE things about my work and things I am going to miss when I dont return after maternity.
- Cute and amazing patients that I get to visit with and not feel rushed. Patients that I have really become attached to and will miss a lot!
- Working with two AMAZING nurses that have become really close friends (Challae and Tina)
- Only having to drive 10 minutes to get to most of my visits and getting paid $75 after only working for an hour.
I think my very favorite part about homehealth is just the time I get with patients like I said above. I love being able to just sit and talk to them about their concerns. Give them a foot massage to help with pain. Help them get dressed and walk them to breakfast or dinner to keep them company a little bit longer since they are alone most of the day.
I will definitely miss the patients and the conveinency of it, but as you can see...the con's outweigh the pro's by far at this point. I just hope I can make it for two more months until I have this baby. Wish me luck! And I promise----this is it. No more complaints! I have it out on paper now and am done with it. I am just going to do my very best at my job and not worry if they get frustrated that I can't pick up more visits or do more. I can only do my best and that is all they can ask me.
Post a Comment