34 weeks (the 35 week pictures are below...I just never did a post on 34 weeks so I thought I would attach it along with this one :D)I am now 35 weeks pregnant and definitely feeling it! I told BJ last night, "this pregnancy is sure kicking my butt!" I know a lot of it has to do with the fact I got pregnant before a year had passed with my first pregnancy and the fact that I am chasing a very outgoing and active 15 month old. Needless to say I have been having a lot... A LOT of braxton hicks contractions the past couple days and they are not the most comfortable to say the least. I just wanna sit in the warm bath all the time but unless Kaylee is napping that is just impossible. I know this because I tried yesterday while she was awake. I shut my bedroom door. Turned on cartoons in our bedroom, gave her milk, and layed out some toys for her to play with while I sat in the bath for a few minutes to help ease the cramping. But all Kaylee wanted to do was get in the bath with me. She gets her little leg up to the side of the tub and can almost pull herself in and out of the tub by herself. After a few attempts and not succeeding. Kaylee got on top of the toilet and tried to jump in the tub. Yes, this is our adventurous daughter I keep telling you about!
35 weeks pregoBut back to the pregnancy update. BJ and I have 2 more Lamaze classes left. We took a tour of the hospital last week, as well as talked a lot about back labor. We have both learned a lot in these classes and really enjoy the time we get just the two of us to spend time together. I bought a exercise ball last week that we plan to bring to the hospital to help with back labor if I have problems with that. We also put together a list of songs on the I-pod to listen to if I am up for it. I never know exactly what I will use from the class, but I like having a lot of options that we can turn to if we need them. Even though the braxton hicks contractions are not the most comfortable or enjoyable, they have really helped me to prepare for labor because I take that time to practice some of the Lamaze techniques we have learned in class.
close up belly shot
This belly is getting too big, I think I will hold it up for you. ha ha what am I doing?!I am totally not ready yet to have the baby but with all the contractions it is on my mind all the time! I have so many things I still want to get done but by the time I have taken care of Kaylee and cleaned up her messes I am exhausted. I pretty much fall asleep on the couch every night around 9:30pm. BJ calls me a night owl if I am up past 10pm.
I went shopping the other day to pick up a few basics for the first few weeks of having the baby (onesies, a blanket, a few newborn outfits etc..), but I still have a few more things to do to be ready. Here is to hoping I will have some energy to get it done soon :)
So, I started this blog post yesterday but was waiting to post it until I had taken a few prego pictures. Anyway- today I was OVERWHELMED with gratitude. I have been stressing out about all that we still needed to buy for our little baby boy that will be joining our family here soon. And today I got a call from my aunt Becky who offered some baby clothes, my friend Nina gave me some clothes and a few swaddle blankets, I got an e-mail from one of BJ's relatives letting us know she had a few baby boy blankets that we had won at the reunion last year that she will be giving us this Sunday, and then a call from BJ's sister telling us she has a box of clothes for us to go through. WOW!!!! I just can't even express how much we appreciate all of our friends and family. BJ and I were talking yesterday about how blessed we feel everyday.
Just last week I was feeling down and overwhelmed and just complaining about everything. Now I look back and think, "what was I thinking?!?" I am sooo blessed. Why is it I have time to complain about all that I don't have and don't have time to really read and study my scriptures or go to the temple? I just hope I can remember this moment and really try to work on my positive attitude and do my best to focus on others instead of myself. When I look back, the times I am the most happy is always when I am serving someone else. I just went visiting teaching this last week and learned so much more from the ladies I teach then they could ever learn from me. Thanks friends for sticking with me, even on my bad days. :)
Here is a quick preview of the "boy" side of the nursery. I finally got the letters done and hung up. This is Kaylee's crib (I just borrowed it to show you what it will look like and to use it to hang up the letters). To go along with the blessings above...we found an amazing deal on a crib that came with a mattress that we ordered for Connor. This way Kaylee can just keep her crib till she is ready to move to a bed. Her crib turns into a toddler bed which makes it even better! Oh and did I mention- the crib we bought ALSO turns into a toddler bed. SWEEEET!
Baby Connor- we are A...L....M....O....S....T ready for you to come join our family. Only 5 more weeks!!!!!!
Post a Comment