5/9/11 2:42 PM

(1) Comments

Mother's Day

Beej & Chris


How lucky am I to be a mom to this sweet little girl!!?!


From the time I have been married, BJ has always made me feel special on mother's day even before we had kids. Now that Kaylee is almost 15 months old and we have another baby on the way, mother's day has become more of a reality to me this year. When I stop and think about my life, I just can't believe I will be a mom of two kids under the age of two! I can't believe I have been so blessed to have had Kaylee when we did and even though it is going to be hard, I can't believe how blessed we are to be having a baby boy join our family in a few weeks. Raising kids takes a lot of time and patience but the good days always seem to make the bad days not seem so bad.


BJ started out the day by making me breakfast in bed. He made his "famous pancakes" along with bacon and some orange/strawberry juice that was delicious. He gave me a sweet card and a poem that was framed and signed by the author. This is what it said.....


Superman's Mom
Last week I fought a dragon strong

Then climed to a castle wall.

Too bad I fell from off the roof

Mom's flowers broke my fall.


Yesterday I sailed to sea
With pirates at the door.

Too bad the tub was just too small

To keep the ocean off the floor.


Today I launched a rocket to

The moon for Mom to see.
Too bad the wheel came flying off

And so I skinned my knee.


But mom was there to pick me up

And make me feel alright.

Then sent me out to save the world

And put my cape on tight.


Someday I'll grow and fly away

Little doesn't last for long.

But when I'm big I won't forget

Even superman needs a mom.


by Liz Lemon Swindle





BJ then helped get Kaylee ready for church and watched her all throughout church except for when he had to teach the deacons. After church we came home and put Kaylee down for a nap while BJ and I watched a movie together and just relaxed. We then had a yummy lunch prepared by my amazing husband (ribs cooked in the crock pot, corn on the cob, and sweet potatoes).

After Kaylee woke up and we fed her lunch, we headed over to my mom's house for some pie and to visit for a while. We were there for a few hours and then followed them over to my grandma and grandpa Parker's house. My grandma got an adult tricycle for mother's day from all of her kids (how fun is that!!).

BJ and I then took Kaylee home and played some Wii together before putting Kaylee to bed.

The day was amazing. BJ made me feel so special and told me over and over how much he appreciates all I do as a mom. I feel so blessed to have BJ as a spouse. He never goes a day without asking me how I am and telling me how amazing he thinks I am.


Thank you mom for being such an example to me over the years and for being an amazing mom to all of us kids. I have learned a lot from you!
1 Response to "Mother's Day"
the laytons. said :
May 13, 2011 at 1:09 PM
I'm so happy you had a good mothers day. Bj is always so sweet to you. and i LOVE LOVE LOVE that poem! I want it :)

Post a Comment