
The Saturday of memorial weekend is usually spent in Lava Hot Springs for the annual Kofoed reunion. This is my great grandma Byingtons family. Not many people can say that they knew their great grandma, but I can! My mom and dad would take us to go visit her and my great grandpa on Sundays. They were a funny couple and I have some fun memories of them that I will always remember.

Kaylee and her cousin Desiree

Kaylee, Desiree and her Grandpa Scott

We attempted to put Kaylee down for a nap while BJ and I went over to the tennis courts to play a few rounds. My parents listened for Kaylee and apparently she never went to sleep and just decided to sit in the play pen and play. Kaylee is like me and sometimes just wants some quiet time for herself. She is such a good girl.
Tennis was a lot of fun! BJ beat me both games, but they were both really close games. And hey- I am 36 1/2 weeks pregnant! Give me some credit ;)

After the reunion is over we (the kids) head over to the pool while my parents go to the graves in Lava. No I wasn't trying to go into labor with playing tennis and then going swimming. Swimming is actually pretty amazing while you are pregnant. My belly is soo light in the pool. It is actually a not so fun reality as I step out of the pool and feel the actual weight of my belly, but it is still so worth it. And can I just say, it is the weirdest feeling having the baby kick while I am swimming. ha ha

Can you find BJ?! It is always hard to take pictures while swimming- since the camera isn't water proof or anything cool like that. But here is proof he was there. BJ went down the "scary" slides and even convinced my little brother (Nathan) to go down with him. BJ then went with Nate and his friend to the hot pools while Kaylee and I got into my parents car and headed to my grandma and grandpa Scott's house in Idaho.

Kaylee kept walking up to this table in my grandparents house so she could smell the fake flowers.

Kaylee really enjoyed playing Lego's with her great grandpa Scott.

Sunday we celebrated my sister Angela's daughter's 1st birthday party at my parents house and had a fun time. BJ convinced my brother Nate to stay the night at our house and run the 5k with him on Monday morning.
So come Monday morning at 7 am, BJ and Nate headed out in the rain and hail to run in the 5 k held by Woods Cross city. They both did a great job and even got free breakfast from it. Kaylee and I joined BJ and Nate at the park for breakfast at around 8 am after Kaylee woke up and I got her all bundled up and ready to go.

Kaylee enjoying her pancakes and milk
I really enjoy memorial weekend and spending that time remembering lost loved ones and enjoying the freedom we have in this Country from all of the hard working military workers, and even more than that- just spending time with family and the loved ones we have here with us now.
Post a Comment