5/17/11 9:02 AM

(1) Comments

Kaylee and Mommy Time

Beej & Chris

With the new baby on its way and with me not working right now; Kaylee and I have got to spend a lot of time together!!


Kaylee loves to watch me put on my make up and always tries to get it so she can put it on herself. I usually give her a makeup brush to play with, in which she always brushes her cheeks and hair with it.

Kaylee will take the camera and say "cheese" as she is taking the picture. But this is the face she makes when I am trying to take her picture now a days. She does not want to sit still long enough for me to take a picture anymore. In fact she doesn't like to sit still for anything but cartoons in the morning!


An attempt at taking a picture again ;)



I love this picture. I don't know why we are both making this face, but obviously she gets it from me :)



Last week I decided that it would be fun to go swimming so I gathered our swim stuff and headed out. I texted a few people to come with us, but it was super duper last minute. We left to go swimming a 1/2 hour after I texted them. It was just a spur of the moment kind of thing and even though nobody could come with us. We had a BLAST. I really do enjoy just going and doing things just Kaylee and I.



When we first got to the Bountiful Rec Center and into the swimming area, Kaylee was very apprehensive. She was holding really really tight to me and didn't want me to set her down for anything. We sat in the water for a bit. She watched the kids running around and having fun and then decided it was ok to go exploring herself. The first 20-30 minutes was SOO much fun. We swam together and she was smiling and having the time of her life and then.....she started to get daring. She wanted to swim all by herself. I was standing right next to her at all times and one time she fell and got her face in the water. She was coughing and kind of trying to catch her breath and then looked at me and pulled her hand away and started going out on her own again. I kept trying to hold her hand but she would just pull away. It would have been fine if the water was not very high but even the shallow end was pretty high so she really couldn't go out on her own. Our Kaylee girl is definitely not afraid of anything!



We found some stickers and Kaylee had a lot of fun with them and was entertained for a good 30-40 minutes. I need to take some of these to church with me :)


She is so focused






This was mommy and daddy time. We gave Kaylee an ice cream sand which to eat outside. She kept setting it down on the ground and then picking it up and eating it. It was especially gross when she would set it in the dirt. BJ just laughed and I tried not to watch because it made me sick. ha ha

Kaylee and I also like to go to the Discovery Gateway, going on walks (especially when the destination is the park), kicking a ball outside, and playing with chalk. Kaylee LOVES outside and would be happy if we were out there all day everyday. She grabbed my hand and walked me to the park across the street the other day. She has been able to go on the small slide by herself for a while now. But this last time she walked up to the big curvy slide and before I could catch her she went down on her tummy all by herself. Luckily there was a little girl there that I asked her to catch Kaylee. Even luckier the slide got really slow at the end so she didn't fall off the slide. She did however jump off and landed on her bum. It is probably a good foot drop. She just smiled and hopped back up ready to go down again.


Speaking of Kaylee being daring. She can now get onto the kitchen chairs all by herself. Oh lucky me ;) We sure do have a smart and curious girl on our hands. She
wears me out everyday and some days are harder than others (especially with my growing belly). But I sure do love her and feel blessed to be her mom.

1 Response to "Kaylee and Mommy Time"
Recksieks said :
May 18, 2011 at 7:34 AM
It's been way to long since I've looked at your cute blog! Happy Easter, Happy Mother's Day and Happy Mom and Kaylee time! You guys are so cute! She looks like sure a big helper! Love those cute pictures of you and Kaylee!

Post a Comment