5/9/11 2:41 PM

(0) Comments

Easter 2011

Beej & Chris

Kaylee sure got spoiled this Easter and participated in 4 Easter egg hunts...that is right 4! Here is the overview of our Easter celebrations this year.



After convincing BJ we gathered our eggs and started the process of dying eggs with Kaylee. She thought it was soo cool to see the egg disappear into the dye. She did try to eat the egg once but for the most part was content in just stirring the eggs while watching daddy color them. BJ then watched basketball while I finished dying my Easter eggs. Yes- I know. I am totally a kid at heart!


















Saturday we started out the morning with the Woods Cross Easter egg hunt that was held at the elementary school. Once the bell sounded the kids could go out and get 3 eggs but then had to come back ensuring all the kids got at least 3 eggs. They then sounded the bell again and let the kids go out and get the rest of the eggs. Kaylee did not like having to come back after getting only 3 eggs. It didn't help that it took forever for all the kids to come back so Kaylee was crying and stretching out her arms towards the eggs waiting to go back out. Needless to say she really enjoyed her first true Easter egg hunt.















After the hunt we took Kaylee inside to meet the Easter bunny. Kaylee was very very afraid of the Easter bunny just like Santa Clause. Even though it makes me sooo sad to see Kaylee cry and be upset, these pictures just crack me up. I don't know about everyone else- but I personally think the Easter bunny looks a little scary myself.


"Look daddy, let's go see the Easter bunny!"


"Who is this guy and why does he look so funny?"


"MoM, Save me!"


"I changed my mind dad, let's go home instead!!"



We then headed up to Idaho to Great Grandma and Grandpa Scott's house for a BBQ and Easter egg hunt. My grandma assigned everyone a number (including BJ and I) so everyone got an equal amount of Easter eggs. This was also very difficult for Kaylee because she wanted to pick up all the eggs and didn't understand that only some of them were for her. We ended up letting her pick them up and would just sneak them back onto the grass while she walked away. lol














We had a fun time eating hot dogs, hamburgers and salads in the nice warm weather. I also got to spend some time just talking with my grandma Scott which I love. It was just a fun day.



Sunday morning we started out the day by having BJ explain to Kaylee why we celebrate Easter. I know she doesn't quite understand all that he said but I think it is really important to talk about it instead of getting too caught up in the worldly celebrations. BJ did a wonderful job explaining the sacrifices Jesus Christ has made for us and just set the mood for a wonderful Sabbath day.


We then let Kaylee find the Easter eggs that the Easter bunny hid from her. She cracked open one of the eggs and stuffed all the jelly beans in her mouth. lol Needless to say- she ate a lot of treats that day.














We then had a wonderful meeting at church with a lot of spiritual uplifting talks and lessons about Christ that continued to set the mood for Easter. After which we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Scott's house for dinner and ANOTHER Easter egg hunt! We ate a wonderful meal (ham, jello, rolls, and funeral potatoes) and then let some of the kiddo's take naps while the grown ups did an Easter egg hunt out back. BJ, Nate (my little bro) and I filled the eggs and then I hid them out in the back. They found them fairly quickly with a few harder than others, but overall I think I did a good job :) Once Kaylee and Desiree (Kaylee's cousin) woke up, we got some pictures of the grand kids and then let the kids do their egg hunt out front. Kaylee's cousins Brooklyn and Carson found the eggs that BJ hid in the immediate front yard while Desiree, Logan, and Kaylee found some easier eggs on the side of the house in the front yard.







We had a busy weekend for sure, but we enjoyed every minute of it!
0 Responses to "Easter 2011"

Post a Comment