12 years ago
Connor had his two week check up yesterday and as expected has grown.
Weight: 9lbs 9 ounces = 90%
Height: 21 1/2 inches = 75%
Head Circumference: 15 1/4 inches = 90%

His appointment went pretty good. It didn't help that he was STARVING the moment we got into the doctors office and he of course made sure to let everyone know. But once I fed him- he let the doctor check him all out. I told the doctor that I was concerned with Connor and how he is breathing while laying down. After examining him and seeing how vocal he can be :) she told me that he has what is called Laryngomalacia which is why he makes such loud noises sometimes when he is taking a breathe in. Without going into too much detail laryngomalacia is essentially a softening of the larynx causing the upper larynx to collapse during inhalation. Apparently it is somewhat common in infancy and should get better by 18months at the latest. It causes a loud noise when breathing (sounds like he has gas in his tummy and needs to be burped) and unfortunately it will get louder, but like I said it should also go away later on as well. It is vary rare that it needs to be fixed surgically.
Weight: 9lbs 9 ounces = 90%
Height: 21 1/2 inches = 75%
Head Circumference: 15 1/4 inches = 90%
His appointment went pretty good. It didn't help that he was STARVING the moment we got into the doctors office and he of course made sure to let everyone know. But once I fed him- he let the doctor check him all out. I told the doctor that I was concerned with Connor and how he is breathing while laying down. After examining him and seeing how vocal he can be :) she told me that he has what is called Laryngomalacia which is why he makes such loud noises sometimes when he is taking a breathe in. Without going into too much detail laryngomalacia is essentially a softening of the larynx causing the upper larynx to collapse during inhalation. Apparently it is somewhat common in infancy and should get better by 18months at the latest. It causes a loud noise when breathing (sounds like he has gas in his tummy and needs to be burped) and unfortunately it will get louder, but like I said it should also go away later on as well. It is vary rare that it needs to be fixed surgically.
These first 4 pictures are when Connor was a week old.
Kaylee is doing really good with the adjustment to having a little brother and sure loves her "nonner" as she calls him. The first few days were pretty rough. She has always loved Connor but didn't love mom for bringing him home. She wouldn't come to me and only wanted Daddy. It was really really hard. But once BJ went back to work and Kaylee and I got back into our routine of things she was much better. I try to take time with Kaylee when Connor is sleeping everyday which has helped a lot for both of us.
Post a Comment