We heard that Farmington was having their annual Farmington Days with activities going on in the park during the day and then a concert an fireworks in the evening. Even though Connor was still only just over a week old we decided that as long as we keep him in his stroller and away from everyone that it would be ok to get out for a bit. BJ dropped Kaylee and I off while he ran home to get sunscreen (yes I am one of those kind of moms that worry about everything). Kaylee and I found this small little petting zoo with goats that Kaylee absolutely LOVED.

Kaylee LOVE LOVE LOVES animals. She just stuck her hand in the gate and pet the goats with no fear. It was so cute!

They had this really cool splash pad that kept Kaylee entertained for hours. She was loving every second of it.

While Kaylee and daddy were out playing in the water I was feeding Connor and hanging out in the shade. I found this perfect little shady spot under a tree and asked the lady who was sitting there if I could join her. She said yes and then looked at me for a second and said, "Did you take English at Weber State University with Holbrooke?" I thought about it for a second and said yes. She replied with, "I'm Holbrooke!". WOW I cannot believe that my professor in College recognized me after 5 years. I actually really enjoyed Susan Holbrooke as a professor and learned a lot from her. She told me that after 10+ years of working at Weber State that she had only received two raises in her pay and the student load continued to increase so she decided to stop teaching and is now working for the government making almost double what she was getting paid teaching. This makes me soo sad. I wish teachers were treated better!

But anyway...we had a great time playing out in the sun. Kaylee quickly made a friend at the splash pad and after getting totally soaked we got her in her pajamas, ate dinner and was just getting ready for the concert when the rain and wind started to hit. Connor was sound asleep and totally covered in his car seat in the stroller so he was fine. But we had just changed Kaylee in her pajamas so even if the rain blew over (which it did) she would have got wet again just by walking on the grass. So we ended up heading home for the night. But it was still a fun night out.
Post a Comment