10/2/11 7:12 PM

(1) Comments

I like to potty....

Beej & Chris


"I like to potty, I like to potty, I like to potty so I can get a sticker and a treat"

Yep- that was the song I made up to get Kaylee to stay sitting on the potty. I know I know I should write songs for a living! I am THAT good! :) ha ha

Anyway....the Monday after labor day weekend I decided to give the potty training a go. I had been holding off trying because I really didn't mind changing Kaylee's diaper and I knew it would be A LOT of work. But I was feeling like a bad mom not letting Kaylee try when she was clearly showing interest. I decided to follow the "naked" diaper potty training routine. ha ha I know I am crazy! I bought some carpet cleaner, got Kaylee a potty chair (well grandma Scott did) and made a simple potty chart and put a few treats in a bag. The plan was for Kaylee to go a week with nothing on from the waist down, so of course that meant we were to stay home for a week so it wouldn't mess things up.

We OF COURSE picked the week that Kaylee ended up having diarrhea due to teething and ended up having the worst bum rash (remember she wasn't wearing a diaper, I did however put her in a pull up for her nap and when she went to bed) she had ever had. BUT Kaylee did go in the potty SEVERAL times and was pretty proud of herself. She would say "Potty" and run into the bathroom all excited for the first few days. She then started getting discouraged whenever she would have an accident. I would tell her that it is ok, but she would just get really upset. She wanted so bad to go potty but just couldn't figure it all out so I decided to take a few weeks off and wait for her to show interest again. It's been several weeks since then but she still doesn't seem quite ready and I don't want to push her. But when we start up again or when she is potty trained officially I will write all about it :)







1 Response to "I like to potty...."
the laytons. said :
October 7, 2011 at 11:29 AM
Your kiddos are SO stinkin cute! :) I can't believe Kaylee has gone potty in her little toilet! Brin tells us all the time she pooped but she definitely isn't ready to use the toilet. So proud of Kaylee. You are a great mom!

Post a Comment