1/18/10 5:09 PM

(4) Comments

4 weeks left....maybe :)

Beej & Chris

I just got back from the doctor's office. Last night I started having what I thought was "round ligament pain" where it hurt really bad when I would get up and then whenever I was walking. We were at my parents house and I was feeling anxious and told my mom that I wanted to have the baby right then and there. She told me I had to be patient and that she would come when she was ready. I said, "No I am going to get BJ and we are going to induce this labor right now!" So I went downstairs and grabbed BJ's hand and pulled him upstairs. He was in the middle of watching the jazz game and wondering what I needed. I said, "I am ready to have this baby RIGHT NOW! Lets Go!" He told me that I am not in labor yet. I said, "Ok, then lets go on a walk." So I started walking around my parent's house for a good 20 minutes and dragged BJ along with me until BJ headed back downstairs to watch the rest of the Jazz game and I got tired.

Needless to say I was having a hard time walking today without looking silly and hunched over, because the pain got worse. So I was really curious to see what the doctor was going to say at our appointment today.

Well.... I feel a little bit justified for hurting and taking it easy today. I am dilated to a 2, 80%effaced, and at a -1 station. The doctor told me he doesn't necessarily think I will have her this week but wants me to pack my bags and get ready just in case. He said that I am making good progress and the baby is faced correctly. (Ok so maybe the walk wasn't what started my dilation but I like to think it helped) Anyway, they tested me for GBS or beta strep and the results will be sent to Labor and Delivery just in case I don't make it till our next appointment next week. The doctor also said if I haven't had the baby by 39 weeks then he would induce me if I wanted, but he personally doesn't think I will even make it to 39 weeks!!!

WOW! This is good news..I am trying not to get to excited, cause I could be dilated to a 2 for a LOOOONNNNNGG time! Especially since this is my first. But it is still exciting cause BJ and I were not expecting to hear that from the doctor today.

As far as emotions go....SUPER ExCiTeD and at the same time scared out of my mind! I just hope and pray that all goes well with the delivery and our baby girl comes without any complications.

**** Also....forgot to mention. I PASSED MY NCLEX!!!! I am officially an RN!!! Phew, finished that just in time for this baby to come :) **********
4 Responses to "4 weeks left....maybe :)"
the laytons. said :
January 19, 2010 at 9:22 AM
Christie!! I am so jealous!! I go to my appointment this afternoon and i am sure i'm not going to get that same great news. I'm SO excited for you! You have to let me know as soon as she comes! yay! Congrats a million times on passing the nclex too! What a big relief and accomplishment!
January 20, 2010 at 9:08 AM
Yay! I hope she comes early for your sake, but that she is healthy if she does. I am so excited for you! Congrats on passing and being an Official RN, yay!! That is great! Good luck with labor when she comes!
Julie said :
January 21, 2010 at 6:53 AM
EWWW on that placenta thing. I have heard of people taking their's home though and planting it with a tree that they can mark their childs height on as they grow (I think that is totally cool) but I am not sure I would want that in the freezer until spring to plant it with a tree! I walked around for 2 1/2 weeks dilated like that, very uncomfortable, I hope everything is okay for you and your baby. Julie
Unknown said :
January 24, 2010 at 2:01 PM
Now I am curious...how did they say to cook it? And that is really nasty!

Post a Comment