1/13/10 6:26 AM

(0) Comments

Pregnancy Class- Week 2

Beej & Chris

Last night was the second week of our pregnancy class at Lakeview hospital. It was a pretty fun night. BJ was making me laugh the whole time. We talked a little bit about braxton hicks contractions and pre-term labor..but most of the class was focused on different breathing techniques.
The teacher gave us all a cloths pin and told us to put it where it would hurt so we could practice not thinking about the pain and work on our breathing. Then the teacher put on this annoying music that was supposed to mimick contractions. We practiced breathing...breath in 1...2...3....4..out...1....2....3....4.. and then as the music or contractions got worse then we would change up our breathing to match it. What was so funny about this; was how focused BJ got. It was seriously as if he was having a contraction himself. I would look over and he would have this total focus on his face and breathing in 1...2...3.....4.. and out 1...2...3...4.... it was as if no one else was in the room. Gosh I married a freakin awesome husband :) We also worked on relaxation techniques. The teacher put on some music and had us tense and relax all the different muscles in our bodies. I am sure some of you know the technique. Well this teacher was kinda funny about the things she said. She said, "Picture your hair folicles on your head closing and relax your head." Lol BJ looks at me with a funny look and points to his bald head. I could barely keep my laughter in.

Then the last thing we did was watch a video that showed different pregnant women breathing through their contractions. A few times it showed a mom breathing through pushing and showed the baby coming out. We also talked about the mucous plug and different warning signs to watch for such as spotting, dark blood, and increased drainage. Well while we were talking and watching these things...BJ looks at me with a disgusted face and put down his cookie that he was eating. He later told me, "ugh that is gross. All that blood and drainage. How can people eat while we talk about that?"

But all in all it was a great class and I was having a bad day so I needed a good laugh and I think BJ knew that..so he tried extra hard to make it a great class day! Thanks BJ. I am excited for next week......
0 Responses to "Pregnancy Class- Week 2"

Post a Comment