2/11/10 10:18 AM

(1) Comments

UPDATE

Beej & Chris

Pregnancy class #6:


This last tuesday was our last day of our pregnancy class! We watched a few videos, got a "goodie bag", and took a tour of the hospital and the maternity floor. Not going to lie...I was feeling pretty ready to have this baby but then when we took the tour, I got pretty nervous.

39 Week Doctor Appointment:
My appointment went well. My doctor didn't check me this week but will next wednesday. He told me that I looked like I had dropped even more. When I asked him what the plan was if I didn't go into labor by my due date, he told me that we would make a plan next wednesday after he checks me. He said that if I am dilated to a 3 and 100% effaced or at least a bishops score of 10 or higher, then he would just break my water the following day.


Pediatrician:



BJ and I asked our doctor for a few referrals of some pediatricians. We decided to make an appointment to meet with one of them this last week. I really want to feel comfortable with our pediatrician, and find someone that will listen to us as parents and our instincts. Someone that is patient and willing to take time to explain things to us. Someone that loves kids and is good at what they do. Needless to say....both BJ and I weren't impressed with the pediatrician that we met with and are on the hunt for a really good one. Anybody have some suggestions that live in the Bountiful/Woods Cross area?



Car Update:
The mechanic told us that our water pump is leaking. I was able to get it to the mechanic and home without it overheating, but the dial gets right up in the red zone within a few miles. So we knew we either had to fix it or get a new car. After looking at our car the mechanic said it would take at least 7 or so hours of labor and at least $700 to repair it. We looked up our car's value and it was only valued at around $900 so we decided it was time to get a new car. Since we decided not to let the mechanic fix it and the car doesn't go very far without overheating...we had to get a rental car. And can I just say- CAN'T WAIT for BJ's 25th birthday, cause rental companies wont be able to charge us an additional $15 a day just because we are under 25 yrs old. We got a rental car for a week, set a budget for what we wanted to spend and set out looking for a car. We did a lot of research and test drove a handful of cars every night after BJ got home, and finally came to a conclusion last night. We got the loan this morning and picked up our 2008 Toyota Rav 4! We both love it and are really excited and feel blessed we were able to find such a good company that we could trust (High End Rides) and especially grateful our baby girl didn't decide to come while we still had the rental car.

1 Response to "UPDATE"
Rosalee said :
February 15, 2010 at 9:30 PM
I'm glad everything worked out with your new car! It looks so nice! So, weird question, but is that shirt in your 39 week picture the one from my wedding? Anyway, you look great and I'm excited to see what your doctor says on Wednesday!

Post a Comment