12 years ago

I was just called to be a cub scout leader in my ward. I am going to be with the "wolves" or the 8 year old boys. Was I excited for my new calling? Well...I didn't even know women taught scouts! :-) I am not gonna lie, kind of nervous for this calling. I really don't know what I am doing and I have never really been that into scouts. My dad was a scoutmaster for years and he loved it. He did a great job at it and made it look like fun. So I am sure if I set my mind to have fun and do my best than it will be a lot of fun. When I asked BJ what he remembers from cub scouts. He said that he remembers having fun and doing things like the pinewood derby and the scout a Rama. He also remembers having his Wolf den leader come to his eagle court of honor even though she wasn't in the same ward when he completed it. I thought that was really neat. I want to have an impact on these boys and help them make a goal to get their eagle later on.
This Saturday is the scout a Rama. I am assigned to be at our booth from 12-1:30pm. I guess we are helping the boys make paper airplanes and there will be a target for them to throw the paper airplanes at, and tootsie rolls for the winner's.
BJ really wants me to go buy a yellow scout uniform. I am a little hesitant but I agree with him; I can't really ask the boys to wear their uniform if I don't myself. I am just not a fan of the yellow scout uniforms. Plus at the pack meeting this last Tuesday, only one leader wore a uniform. Anyway...wish my luck!
Post a Comment