12 years ago
Today was an adventure. I had my list of things to do and after Kaylee had a good feeding in her tummy, I started working. I started laundry, straightened up the front room and kitchen, and finished putting together the baby announcements. Kaylee must have had a really good feeding because she was in a deep sleep for a good 3 1/2 hours and wasn't screaming FOOD when she woke up. After I bathed Kaylee, played a little and she melted my heart with her smile; I fed her again and headed off to the post office. By this time it was around 4:30, which is one of the busiest times for the post office. So I get into the long line with Kaylee in her car seat and after moving a few feet, Kaylee wakes up crying. I wasn't way surprised cause she didn't burp very much throughout the day so her tummy was probably hurting. So I pull her out and push the car seat out of the line and hold Kaylee with my left arm around her sore belly with my 35 invitations and diaper bag on my right arm. After waiting in line for a good 10 minutes Kaylee was sound asleep in my left arm. I buy some stamps and the kind lady who sold them to me helped me put them on 15 of the invitations and sent them out to get delivered.
I put Kaylee in the car and she was out like a light. I get home and ask BJ out on a date. Really I came in and said, "I am STARVING. It is almost like I haven't eaten anything today! Kaylee is asleep. Wanna go out to eat?!" (Lol breastfeeding definitely works up an appetite) BJ just smiled and hoped in the car as we headed to Sizzler. We both got the salad bar. YUMMY. Not too long into dinner Kaylee woke up. BJ changed her diaper and as soon as he came back she exploded in her diaper making a mess of her clothes. :-) So I took her and changed her outfit (luckily I had an extra in the diaper bag) and then she started rooting showing to me she was hungry. So I took her into the handicapped bathroom stall and breastfed her standing up. lol I am sure the lady that came in while I was feeding her could hear her sucking in the stall next to me. I wonder what she thought I was doing. lol BJ and I finished our dinner with Kaylee having a clean diaper, a clean outfit, and just smiling away.
Now I know this really isn't that amazing to alot of you super mom's. But this was a huge step for me. Especially from my bad experience a few weeks ago when I took her to Ross by myself and ended up leaving a cart full of clothes in the shoe aisle carrying Kaylee as she screamed the whole way out. If you have a fun mom story or for those that aren't mommies yet, a fun story that made you feel like a super hero....leave a comment, I wanna hear!
Post a Comment